What's new

Newbie Wine Recommendations

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
One more suggestion for a cigar smoker from sommelier at BevMo. Gascon Mablbec 2014, an Argentinian Malbec that he said pairs well with medium to full bodied cigars with cocoa and leather.

http://www.wine.com/v6/Gascon-Malbec-2014/wine/140262/Detail.aspx?state=CA

Great price point too.
I had an awesome Argentinian Malbec over the weekend, Trapiche fine oak. For $9 it blew a lot of the more expensive wines out of the water.

Also picked up a preimum case from woodswholesalewine.com . They have some great deals if you hunt them down and $20 flat rate shipping on a case.

2013 Belle Glos 'Clark & Telephone' Vineyard Pinot Noir
2014 The Prisoner Wine Co. 'The Prisoner'
2014 Roots Run Deep Winery 'Educated Guess' Cabernet Sauvignon
2013 Roots Run Deep Winery 'Educated Guess' Merlot
W. L. Weller 7 Year Old Special Reserve
2014 Orin Swift Cellars Abstract Red
2013 Orin Swift Cellars Papillon Red
Orin Swift Locations Wine F Red, France
2013 Orin Swift Cellars Machete
2012 Orin Swift Cellars Mannequin
2012 Orin Swift Department D 66
1991 Warre's Vintage Port

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm no expert, nor is my palate refined in any way, but Detention by Peninsula Cellars is a definite hit for me if you can find it by you. I can usually find it for about $15 a bottle and have to pick up at least 3 bottles everytime I buy it.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I'm no expert, nor is my palate refined in any way, but Detention by Peninsula Cellars is a definite hit for me if you can find it by you. I can usually find it for about $15 a bottle and have to pick up at least 3 bottles everytime I buy it.
Looks like that one is only available locally. Cant find any mention of it online and wine-searcher only lists it available through the winery.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll have to check that one out at the store. I havn't had a pino yet
Pinots are nice because they don't interfere with the cigar. They stay just under the radar and elevate cigar flavors. That's the slippery slope with wines, I feel. Heavy wines, for me, tend to just mute out cigar flavor by drowning palate. But everyone's palate and tastes are different.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an awesome Argentinian Malbec over the weekend, Trapiche fine oak. For $9 it blew a lot of the more expensive wines out of the water.

Also picked up a preimum case from woodswholesalewine.com . They have some great deals if you hunt them down and $20 flat rate shipping on a case.

2013 Belle Glos 'Clark & Telephone' Vineyard Pinot Noir
2014 The Prisoner Wine Co. 'The Prisoner'
2014 Roots Run Deep Winery 'Educated Guess' Cabernet Sauvignon
2013 Roots Run Deep Winery 'Educated Guess' Merlot
W. L. Weller 7 Year Old Special Reserve
2014 Orin Swift Cellars Abstract Red
2013 Orin Swift Cellars Papillon Red
Orin Swift Locations Wine F Red, France
2013 Orin Swift Cellars Machete
2012 Orin Swift Cellars Mannequin
2012 Orin Swift Department D 66
1991 Warre's Vintage Port
@bostoneo Dam dude, that is one fine case wine, except for for the Weller which is one fine bottle of bourbon. Hit me up if you need any help drinking these!