What's new

NFL season thread.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think that was the right call; when they went to the ground, they both had 2 hands on it. Call goes to the passing team.
Not to offend you but you would be disagreeing with 100% of everyone ever. Even Seattle fans. PLus, it should've never gotten to that point. The Packers were screwed 3 HUGE times

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Somebody needs to explain simultaneous possesion because what i saw was Jennings intercept the ball then tate trying to rip it out of his hands but never actually doing so. If that's a simultaneous catch then the right call was made.

As a football fan that was the worst call i've ever seen, worse than the damn "tuck rule" that screwed the raiders

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I *do* agree it was a push that wasn't called.

A lot of TV commentators are stating things that aren't rules: "It was clutched to his chest" or "He had 2 hands on it, the other guy just one." To my understanding, it only counts when you go to the ground. Going to the ground, they both have it, and the call goes to the passing team.

One of the NFL ex-officials they interviewed had a good take on it; he said the they have to go by the first call on the field, and that was touchdown. Review then needs "indisputable information" to overturn the call. Clearly this information is anything but "indisputable."

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope,,,,read the rule on this and Jennings had possession of the ball....it was not simultaneous at all. The problem is that the call could have been reversed by the guy in the upstairs box...he could have called it right but he didn't so even if the Refs on the field screwed the pooch it was the ultimate decision of the regular Ref who made the final call. The season so far is a joke because the caliber of officiating is college level at best and for a good crew of Refs to get in synch takes a lot of time. These guys dont know each other from Adam...so to expect them to come into a situation like they have is comical at best as they have no experience in these types of games. It would be like you going down the road and then have some guy in a patrol car who hadn't been properly trained on the radar gun and he cllocks you going 85 in a 40 mph zone and your speedometer reads 45...you know you were speeding but not 85 mph. Too bad...tough situation....so deal with it.

The Owners are the ones who ultimately can fix this but these idiots are willing to screw the game as long as they get their money...once they start losing revenue and people stop going to the games because the game is compromised...they will let the refs back in with their money and all's right with the world. It's always about money.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
The rule is very clear on what a simultaneous catch is. That is when both eligible players catch the ball at the same time, it goes to the passers. If a player has possession of the ball first, which Jennings clearly did, then another player gains possession of the ball later... that does not constitute a simultaneous catch.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I don't see how anybody on the Seahawks could go home feeling good about that "win". Personally, I would LOVE to see players strike, fans stop attending, and sponsors pull advertizing until the real refs come back. It's bad enough to see the constant screw ups of 5yd penalties here and there, but when it comes to game-changing calls that in turn can become season-changing, enough is enough.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
The problem is, no one is going to stop watching. And tbh, as long as my team is not getting shafted like the Packers did last night... it is actually extremely entertaining to lol @ the replacement refs.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Really really bad call. I cant stand either team, but the Packers got hosed. The phantom pass int call, then that play. And that push off by Tate is ridiculous. They say that pass int calls on hail mary plays are never usually called, but that was crazy. Thats not moving someones arms or jersey, that is physically removing someone from a play and giving them zero chance at the ball. If youre going to call it all game, then it needs to be called ALL GAME. These refs are clowns, and its really unfortunate. Jennings brought it into his chest, and Tate had possesion of JENNINGS, not that ball. Thats why these balls need to be swatted away, but thats besides the point. It shouldve been reviewed, to see if it was a score. And it wasnt. I understand that posession isnt reviewable, but the score is. And he didnt score. My thoughts anyway.