What's new

No more Trinidad's?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I heard it was only the Robusto Extra and T that were getting the axe. Which makes me very sad, the Extra has been my favorite current production cigar for quite some time. Going to have to stock up on them now.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I saw this and it doesn't make sense to me. But then again, nothing Habanos has done over the last 5 years has made sense to me.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Maybe I'm in the minority, but they're too damn expensive anyway and I find other sticks just as good (or better) for the price. I won't miss them if they go.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Maybe I'm in the minority, but they're too damn expensive anyway and I find other sticks just as good (or better) for the price. I won't miss them if they go.
Which begs the question, instead of trying to keep a "premium" on the price, drop it a little bit and see what happens. Don't discontinue the whole line of cigars. That's plain stupid.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
i love Trinidad. Every stick in the regular line-up is great to me. I was upset to see the Rob T and Rob Extra go ... but now all of them? I mean the Fundadores and Reyes are classic cigars, and I personally love the Coloniales as well.

Insanity.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Which begs the question, instead of trying to keep a "premium" on the price, drop it a little bit and see what happens. Don't discontinue the whole line of cigars. That's plain stupid.
Exactly. But everything they do is stupid. Honestly. You'd think HSA wasn't run by businessmen at all, but just people loyal to the Communist Party oh wait nevermind.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Although I've never had a bad one and fricken love a semi aged 3 years or more Colonials..... They share a very close heritage to Siglos IMO.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Looks like HSA wants to get down to 4-5 lines and charge 3times the price for them. I just recently started buying habanos and stuff like this is one of the reasons I've decided just to stick with NC.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is why I am stocking up now. I think that part of this is due to brand copyright laws in the US. If the embargo is over, there will be a legal was on who owns the 'brand' name. This eliminates confusion later on.

TIme to load up on Fundys....

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This is why I am stocking up now. I think that part of this is due to brand copyright laws in the US. If the embargo is over, there will be a legal was on who owns the 'brand' name. This eliminates confusion later on.

TIme to load up on Fundys....
I don't think there's a conflict on this brand name. Doesn't Altadis own the NC brand? It's my understanding that the conflicts are with the brands General owns.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
This Is stupid. This is a brand I just started exploring and I love the robusto extra. Never tried the fundadores so in gonna have to find some before they're all gone. Sad day for Trinidad smokers

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
i love Trinidad. Every stick in the regular line-up is great to me. I was upset to see the Rob T and Rob Extra go ... but now all of them? I mean the Fundadores and Reyes are classic cigars, and I personally love the Coloniales as well.

Insanity.
One of my top three cubans is the Rob Extra...I think it's a big mistake to close this brand out. Yes they are a bit pricey but for a special smoke it ranks up there as a nice Cuban cigar. As far as the Reyes, it's a fantastic small smoke...Sorry for this to happen.:frown: