What's new

No more Trinidad's?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Theyre relaunching in a couple years after they get some marketing tips from Tatuaje.

Trini will only make ELs every 4-6 months. You laugh now...
actually was thinking this, but with viaje. at least pete/ pepin make the browns year round, right? and with all the splash of the EL's, you might not be wrong.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Now I'm just really pissed off... my favorite cigars going down the tubes. Even if they re-launch, it will probably be different. Ugh. :(

I have a 3 pack of Rob Extra on the way, wish I had opt for the box now... :(

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know a lot of us hate this decision (I know I do)... but business is business... and the guys on this board are probably NOT your average cigar consumer - we're the fringe extremists. :)

If I sold 29 different brands of shoes (go ahead and count the HSA brands right now)... and one of them didn't sell all that well, I'd probably try to refocus my shoe making efforts on products that sold better (especially in times of greater economic hardship)... MAYBE while I try to revamp that one brand into something I think might go over better with the shoe community, as a whole. That's just business.
Stop being logical Jim. I am in mourning right now...:razz:

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Theyre relaunching in a couple years after they get some marketing tips from Tatuaje.

Trini will only make ELs every 4-6 months. You laugh now...

On a total tangent, it would be pretty cool if they flew Pepin over to blend an EL for them.
They better burry the brand before they do that.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seriously though, would be awesome if Pepin came back to do something for them. Didn't he develop Cohiba after Lara? Basically the Siglo series was his baby right? And let's be honest, he was and still is the best blender alive.

Boom, threadjack.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Seriously though, would be awesome if Pepin came back to do something for them. Didn't he develop Cohiba after Lara? Basically the Siglo series was his baby right? And let's be honest, he was and still is the best blender alive.

Boom, threadjack.
That would be a good read. Do you have a link?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
One retailer's newsletter said that it will be re-launched as a lower brand, leaving Cohiba as the only real premium brand.
This still makes no sense! Drop the price at the wholesale level, keep the same cigars and product WILL move.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I had a Robusto T today, the best damn robusto on the market IMO.
I smoked a Robusto T on the golf course this past Saturday.....which was the 1st cigar in a what was probably the most sticks I'd smoked in the span of a day in quite a long time. Probably ever...

Anyway, that Robo T was just a damn fantastic start to my day. I love too many Robustos to call it "the best"....but for those who can appreciate it for its subtle nuances (certainly not for everyone), that smoke going away was indeed a sad day. Of course that news came a while ago, and I haven't explored anymore of the Trini lines really...so i'm no more upset w/ this news than I'd previously been when the Robo T announcement hit. Sorry for those that loved the other vitolas like I do the T though...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Folks keep saying that the Trinis were too expensive. But the Coloniales were not more expensive and, IMO, they were the best of the line. A 24 box of Coloniales is the same cost as a 25 box of Monty 3s, a similar sized cigar.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I agree with Ben. The Rob T is my favorite robusto (and I like most robustos!), actually one of my favorite Cubans period.

I agree that the milder/subtler nature of Trinidad makes it less approachable for some people, especially if you're just coming over the fence. But I love them. The Coloniales was the first Cuban that made me say, "Okay, I get it now."

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Besides a skinny picture of Pete where does it say he created Cohiba and the Siglo series??????
He helped blend cigars such as Cohiba, Partagas, and Montecristo. During the 1990's, he was in charge of Quality Assurance for the Cohiba brand and was also a consultant to several Cuban cigar makers. Also during the 1990's, he was accounted Cuba's most productive master roller.

I posted the link as I thought this bit was interesting. It was actually one of the first google results when I typed in "Don Pepin Garcia Cohiba".