What's new

No more Trinidad's?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think the confusion is well founded. But what seems to be the case is this--

Trinidad as we know it is done.

HSA will "relaunch" the marca, probably at a cheaper price point, but it won't be the same I'm sure.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think the confusion is because of the initial decision to ONLY eliminate the Robusto T and Extra. It seems as though they decided to eliminate the entire line(to revamp the line in a couple years) and they haven't informed everyone yet.

Basically, if you like Trinidads buy them now because they'll never be the same again.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Or maybe this is a great marketing gimmick to make you all buy the crap sitting on the shelves.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Or maybe this is a great marketing gimmick to make you all buy the crap sitting on the shelves.
I am starting to think so!! H & F is not just any distributor and if someone like Ajay Is saying that these new rumors are wrong I have a hard time not believing him.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
From the Facebook page of the La Casa that broke the Trinidad news:

"We have posted about the discontinuation of Trinidad - and that has caused a lot of discussions. Even though we have been informed personally about what we have posted two days ago the NOW offical statement is, that Reyes, Coloniales and Fundadores will not be discontinued but only the other sizes such as Robusto T and Robusto Extra. Sales figures are just too bad to justify a further production. Always good to see more news from Havana every day. Stay tuned for more"

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Thank Youuuuuu... Glad to see I was somewhat right. No way they'd discontinue the whole brand just to bring it back a few years later. Glad I didn't run out and stock up :peace:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From Trevor Leask

Members might consider that Habanos SA always "leaks" information regarding discontinued lines.......have you ever seen this information on their website??

The advice to several people at the Festival was that Trinidad lines were being discontinued...not the brand...as it was to be reinvented later.

Also Habanos has never said the Vegueros brand has been discontinued...only its products.

All I'm saying is .......... let's wait for the dust to settle, and no adverse posts regarding purveyors of this information.

Trevor.