What's new

No more Trinidad's?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I suppose I can stock up just to stock up... Sucks that options are being eliminated but there are so many good cigars out there.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Diplomaticos, Rafael Gonzales, Cuaba, and Jose Piedra (within the next 2-years), Fonseca, LGC, ERDM, LFdC, and Juan Lopez (within the next 4 years).
No loss in most of those. I wonder what the effect of cutting some inferior brands will have on the availability, quality and prices of the remaining smokes though.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
call me old school, but i never like these lighter finer type cc lines myself. the booze and beer allways overpowers these "subtle delicate notes". what they'd shoulda axed was the air cuaba line.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
There are definite similarities, I'll grant. But where a Coloniales is like $8 a Sig II is, what, $12-$13?
Nate it's a dollar more difference between the two...... So I ask the question a colonial for $9 or a sig II AT $10.( with today's 10% price increase :( ) As far as habanos goes. If I were them and could make the same 2 products at the same cost, same factory, same workers and make another dollar (%10) on gross sales. It's a no brainier. Having said that giving the consumer more options especially those with a significant history involved is always a better option.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Diplomaticos, Rafael Gonzales, Cuaba, and Jose Piedra (within the next 2-years), Fonseca, LGC, ERDM, LFdC, and Juan Lopez (within the next 4 years).
Juan Lopez #1 note to self. Stocking up currently and now I wish I would of bought a couple more 08 boxes......

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
So I ask the question a colonial for $9 or a sig II AT $10.
i think part of the problem is, if consumers are going to spend that $$$ on a cigar anyway, they are going to opt to buy the sig II. that's what probably hurt trinidads more than anything.

would consumers rather pay $9 stick for a trinidad or $10 for a cohiba

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can see why, I mean it's not a terribly well known brand AND they're pricey. From what I gather, they plan on reviving the brand later with different vitolas, sounds like they're trying to kickstart the brand.

Personally, I'd like to see more perfectos and I don't think I'm alone.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Theyre relaunching in a couple years after they get some marketing tips from Tatuaje.

Trini will only make ELs every 4-6 months. You laugh now...

On a total tangent, it would be pretty cool if they flew Pepin over to blend an EL for them.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
This wouldn't suprise me at all.

That said I hope not as I enjoy some of these lines and would miss them:sadstare:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
No loss in most of those. I wonder what the effect of cutting some inferior brands will have on the availability, quality and prices of the remaining smokes though.
What? I like 5 of those marcas. Oh well, they already DC'd most of Diplos as well as the 2 RG's that I liked most, the Lonsdales and CE. They rarely make the LGC I like the most which is the #2, ERDM is good but DC'd the Lancero and PC already and Juan Lopez #1 & #2 are both good.

I'm definitely against the grain here, but I won't miss the Trinidads. I would rather spend my money on other cheaper cigars.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Nate it's a dollar more difference between the two...... So I ask the question a colonial for $9 or a sig II AT $10.( with today's 10% price increase :( ) As far as habanos goes. If I were them and could make the same 2 products at the same cost, same factory, same workers and make another dollar (%10) on gross sales. It's a no brainier. Having said that giving the consumer more options especially those with a significant history involved is always a better option.
Sorry for the hijack, but I have yet to read that HSA has officially implemented a 10% increase across the board. Right now it just seems to be one vendor.

I did read that Trini will be rereleased in the future as a premum line (thought that's what it is now:scratchhe)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have yet to try a Trinidad and almost pulled the trigger today on a box considering the news but I would just be pissed if I loved it and couldn't get more. So I will take the blue pill and leave em there for you fine folk :eyebrow: