What's new

Nosotros is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
First day back in the Miami office in roughly 45 days. And for the drive home, I'm lighten up an Illusione EPERNAY. Damn fine stick, and still one of my very favorites, period.

Best,
JD
Yeah, I've been burning these regularly lately. Hope I don't get sick of them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sent all Nosotros cigars back to Drew Estate because they weren’t up to my standards
They will be offered in bundles (I believe of 20), unbanded and sold at roughly half the price ($4-$5.)
So $80 - $100 for a second?

PASS!!!!!!!!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Dion tweeted the following:
"I sent all Nosotros cigars back to Drew Estate because they weren’t up to my standards. What Drew Estate does with them, I could care less."
Wow, very un-Dion like IMHO.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any imperfect cigars are pulled aside, classified as seconds and get packaged as XXXX cigars.

The imperfections are usually very slight, such as a veiny or discolored wrapper. Most of the time the imperfections are so slight that only a trained eye would notice.

Since no cigar factory intentionally produces seconds, the supply on some sizes is limited.
Walks like a duck...

As you can imagine, for a perfectionist like __________ not all the cigars make the grade. A large number are pulled from production due to cosmetic blemishes on the wrapper. These cigars are held back and reserved for ________ to be sold as Seconds. .
Talks like a duck...

They will be offered in bundles (I believe of 20), unbanded
yeah, it's a duck.

Any further clarification needed on what a cigar "second" is?:nodlaugh:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
While I don't want to speak for anyone, some of Dion's frustration has to be a combination of the product itself and the delays in the Drew Estate factory. One person says that the cigars didn't burn right, but who knows.

Props to Dion for laying down the law. Seconds or not, this won't be the first time the first batch doesn't taste like the second batch.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
FWIW I got an IPCPR sample from last year on the Nosotros, it was excellent. I've had a small handful of the production cigars and have not been impressed.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
While I don't want to speak for anyone, some of Dion's frustration has to be a combination of the product itself and the delays in the Drew Estate factory. One person says that the cigars didn't burn right, but who knows.

Props to Dion for laying down the law. Seconds or not, this won't be the first time the first batch doesn't taste like the second batch.
Before all this was official, JD had already been commenting on how the cigar was never what he wanted it to be either (hence the delays).

So I don't think it was one's fault or another, as much as a vision that just couldn't be realized within the pricing boundaries that exist.

As for the bundles of the Nosotros that didn't get banded/boxed by the time they called it quits ... those are certainly not what I'd call "seconds." But whatever you want to call them, $4-$5/stick for is a great deal for some cigars. There were certain Tatuajes that sold for half price a while back ... some for ever $6/stick, also unbanded and bundled. I'd give a right arm for a bundle of those now!

So yea, count me in for a bundle of the coronas :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before all this was official, JD had already been commenting on how the cigar was never what he wanted it to be either (hence the delays).
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Don't be blaming Jon yo.

Not all is as it appears. I'm very sorry Dion is leaving it open to speculation that it might have been all due to something Jon did. It's not.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
My only comment is I've had the unbanded and they far exceed the Nosotros that was sold in the stores in every aspect. I swore off Nosotros when they first came out, but after smoking the ones we brought back from Nica, they totally changed my mind in regards to that stick. It's a shame they stopped production as what they have turned into is a great stick when compared to the 1st shipment.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
My only comment is I've had the unbanded and they far exceed the Nosotros that was sold in the stores in every aspect. I swore off Nosotros when they first came out, but after smoking the ones we brought back from Nica, they totally changed my mind in regards to that stick. It's a shame they stopped production as what they have turned into is a great stick when compared to the 1st shipment.
I agree with that. I have been smoking the Nica sticks and really enjoy them. Now if JD would send a few of those bundles buy way of the Leaf we would be talking.:help:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

So I don't think it was one's fault or another, as much as a vision that just couldn't be realized within the pricing boundaries that exist.

As for the bundles of the Nosotros that didn't get banded/boxed by the time they called it quits ... those are certainly not what I'd call "seconds." But whatever you want to call them, $4-$5/stick for is a great deal for some cigars. There were certain Tatuajes that sold for half price a while back ... some for ever $6/stick, also unbanded and bundled. I'd give a right arm for a bundle of those now!

So yea, count me in for a bundle of the coronas :)
See line one of Nate's signature. Every now and again bundles come out more than worth the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.