What's new

Official!!! Socal Beach HERF - Saturday 10/25

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ok, I'm a Nube here only my second post I think. John Conroy sent me an email letting me know about your herf. then I got another one from him asking if I was going. I will talk to some one my friend and see if they are interested in going. It would be good to meet all of you Cigar smoking brothers not to mention seeing John again. I have also reading the post everyone had been posting but man, 20+ pages is a lot.

So far is there going to be a big turn our?
Well we have several guys coming from John Conroy's group. I already have our smokes from him.

We are expecting between 35 and 50 guys hrough out the day. I know some will be ther at 12 but have to leave by 4 or 5 and then some that plan on coming later and leaving at 10. And some of us will be there all day. Comeon out man, it's gonna be a good time.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yeah, I'm not looking to make a profit. With tax I paid $14.07 per stick and I was thinking of adding 93 cents delivery fee to help cover gasoline, but since I was going anyway, let's just call it $14. I'm not sure how many I have to sell. Two are already spoken for, I had one last night, probably have another tonight as they are smoking pretty well right now. If I keep 3 to keep me from dipping into my signed box too soon, that only leaves 6.

I really want the box they come in, but I doubt that will be happening.
Somehow, I think it may be happening soon. Speaking of boxes, I'm looking for something like the Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo box. Something that will fit 20 6 1/2 x 52 torpedos that I can play cigar box tetris with.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Yippee!!

I have a box the came with 25 6 x 54 that I can bring, but that extra half inch might be pretty important.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
No for someone else coming to the herf. I just don't have any other boxes. I'll check the local B&M on the way home.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sorry, I won't get to meet you.....this time. Eric had some things to say about you:nodlaugh:

I have a question on herfetiquette. I'm sitting in traffic on my way to The Big Easy to pick up Frank and I think to myself, "How many of my BOTLs would love to buy one of these, if it wasn't so far away". So I talk myself into buying another box thinking I could provide my new friends with said opportunity to purchase The Frank. Would I be out-of-line actually charging money for a cigar at this herf?
If you have pre-arranged with people to do a box split I would say no problem. Bringing cigars to a herf to sell...bad juju. Put it up on the trading zone and take orders. IMHO

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
That's what I was thinking, but this seemed like it could be an exception since it is such a restricted stick and I know people are dying to try them so I spent next week's cash allowance on the sticks figuring people would appreciate it. Oh well, who needs to eat.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I think the spirt of your purchase had the brotherhood in mind. I know with out this I would not have been able to buy one. I can see that there might be some confusion from anyone who dooesn't see this thread, and there will be a bunch who don't. I wouldn't want you to look bad. Bring em and if someone asks about them them, you can explain. It's not like you are setting up a booth with a CIGARS FOR SALE sign out front.