What's new

On average, how long do you allow your cigars to rest before you smoke one?

How long do how allow your cigars to rest before you smoke on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Sorry about the choices.

I guess I should have put up straight off the truck, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 weeks.

I actually think that a year is a fair amount of time. I always try and give a smoke at least 6 months.

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
if i buy a box, i allow a good 90 day or more rest...but i normally smoke right out of a b&m humidor or straight from a good bomb.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I voted a week because I usually will buy something new and want to try it. However, I am still holding off on firing up my first Drac. I think it would be good by now but want the occasion to be extra special.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Here's my 2cents on aging or at least waiting to smoke NC cigars. When I buy NC's from a store or off the truck I let them sit for at the very minimum a few weeks to get over the "shock" from being taken from the habitat they were in and then through the delivery process, whether it be in your hot car, or a hot ups truck. This is probably agreeable by most BOTLs.

Lately my theory on aging singles is that putting them with other sticks already in my humi, I prefer out of the cello, just ends up making them taste better when you get around to smoking them. I dont know if its the cigars marrying flavors or oils when they are being stored together or what, no idea about the science behind it, all I know is they taste much better when aged together. Anyone else agree or do anything similar?

~G

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a cigar that i've never smoked before i'll wait about a week. For all other cases it depends. Usually for those it's at least 2 weeks, but mostly longer.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I always have a long queue of things to try, and I buy faster than I smoke. 6 months is probably about the average now, but I expect that to get longer as my collection ages. That said, if I'm really excited to try something, I've got no rule against smoking it ROTT or after a couple weeks rest.

-Charles

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
After flying I rest them for 15-20 days. Ncs i smoke right away and ccs I try to rest for at least 2 years!

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I usually fire one up right off the truck. And then smoke them consistently every week or so. That is unless it's something rare or something i plan on aging. In that case i smoke one right out of the box and then wait and smoke one every couples months. I like to see how a cigar progresses.

Same here. I have a box of Lot23 I've been aging for a couple of years now, I just can't seem to get the nerve to crack them open yet. I went through the other box I got at the same time over a year and they got better as time went by.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I rest/age most everything for several months. That will soon change due to the loss of some choice premiums that I lost to mold without smoking a single one! From now on, it's at least one ROTT and then another within a month!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I guess it depends on how excited I am. I've had some sticks I've smoked in the store and others that I put in my humi and forget about them for a few weeks. If I ordered them and had the delivered, I usually wait a few weeks before smoking.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
depends on where I got them from. For NC's that have only traveled typically 2 days via priority mail I'll let them sit for a day or two just to acclimate again. For CC's I will take the amount of time they were in transit and at least double it in my humi.