What's new

On average, how long do you allow your cigars to rest before you smoke one?

How long do how allow your cigars to rest before you smoke on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I buy a lot of 5 packs, and generally smoke on OTT. The rest I generally let rest at least three months before smoking another.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will smoke as soon as i get them but i have so many on hand that by the time i get back to them they have well over 6 months on them. i try and let cigars rest for a few weeks so they are at the RH that i like, but in the long run it doesnt matter. i just tend to smoke stuff thats been sitting around for a bit. not actively, but passively because thats whats around.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i will smoke as soon as i get them but i have so many on hand that by the time i get back to them they have well over 6 months on them. i try and let cigars rest for a few weeks so they are at the RH that i like, but in the long run it doesnt matter. i just tend to smoke stuff thats been sitting around for a bit. not actively, but passively because thats whats around.
I have heard a definitevely different answer from you on this subject many times... mainly about the mandatory x week resting time....

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Realistically I prefer to let cigars rest a year if it's a box because I can take one out after the first few weeks, try it, then let it rest a month and try it again, and then kinda go from there on what I want to do. I have done this with Padron, San Cristobal's, and a couple others with a year being perfect for me. If i get a fiver or one cigar I don't worrie about time as it won't make it a year. Off the truck or mail for someting like this I like to let it rest and settle for atleast two weeks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a definitevely different answer from you on this subject many times... mainly about the mandatory x week resting time....
yes... yes you have.
i still try to let them sit 6 weeks to even out before i smoke one, but as of late i have been very lax on that. i think my previous experience with the matter can be chalked up to poor construction. i tend now to buy a higher caliber cigar rather than many of the value brand cigars. burn issues are fewer and farther between. saying i NEVER smoke before 6 weeks anymore is a bit of a lie.

... not to mention how difficult it is to stare down a box of cigars that you have been excited about for 6 weeks.
the mind is strong, but the body is weak.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I'm with ciggy on this one... usually a year or more.... although I will smoke some after a month and then go back to the box from time to time, but I find that cigars develop a smoother finish and are more consistent throughout the entire smoke when they have at least six months age. JMHO.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I do a week, but should really age them longer. I try to let the premium smokes sit for a while, but they usually don't make it passed a couple of months.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
really hard to say for sure. Some one day, others, 6 months. I tried buying things to age, but it seems that never works. I find I break into boxes after about a week and I don't have enough space or collection to wait to smoke things after 2 years.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
the very bare minimum is 2 weeks just to get the humidity to settle evenly and avoid burn issues.

I do prefer atleast 6 months to a year... but that doesn't always happen :cbig:

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Really tough to answer. I will let them rest at least a week or two if ordered by mail. But, I try to give them 60-90 days or so most of the time before I really get into the box in earnest.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I try to wait at least a month but occassionally I give in after a few weeks if it's something I really want to try. But everything seems to smoke better if you sit on it for at least a month.