What's new

On average, how long do you allow your cigars to rest before you smoke one?

How long do how allow your cigars to rest before you smoke on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
I usually have my new sticks rest for about a month or so... but some sticks get burned as soon as I get them due to the interest I have in the smoke... For example just received my san miguel today and going to burn one tonight and the B&M (Yes, I will forge through the snow storm) and the others will rest in the humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine usually end up being a year, on average. That's just because I'm a whore and can't stop buying faster than I am smoking.:cjump:

Bad Finger

Professional Cannabinist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resting? Isn't that what the shelves of the retailer or wholesaler are for?

I guess you could say I age mine till I get to them.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are exceptions of course but generally speaking when I pull a cigar out of my humidor it has been in there for about a year give or take a month...

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If one can wait for about a year you will be rewarded with some great tasting cigars. Some cigars benefit greatly with between 6 months to a year but understand that not all of us are able to do that...you have to know your brand and tastes.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Really two different answers here.

To recover from the trip, at least two to three weeks.

After that, depends on what I want to do with them. Some CC's I want to age. For example I set aside a box of Monte #2s that I don't touch. On the other hand I go through PSD4s as soon as they get through the recovery time. I have a box of VSGs I'm aging, while I'm shooting through some My Father's.

Two answers, first one pretty set in stone, second totally variable.

RW