What's new

Padron

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
So what is your take for the Padron lines? For me, the 1926 series is too damn pricey for what you get and the 1964 are just not worth the money compared to the Padron regular lineup. My favorite Padron is the 4000 6.5x54 maduro. Then the 5000 and Churchill, also in maduro. Their natural wrappers are just average for my tastes, but those maduro wrappers still do "it" for me most times I pull them out or am gifted one. I am looking at getting a box of the Londres 5.5x42 stick in maduro for about $57 bucks or the Delicias 4.9x46 stick in maduro for about $68 bucks. Both would be winter type smokes and when I do not want to burn a $10 stick just to smoke something. I am not sure what the Fumas is, must be short filler as the price is very low for a 6.5x44 cigar in that line.

Please give input for this line, in particular the regular line of cigars, Thank you.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So what is your take for the Padron lines? For me, the 1926 series is too damn pricey for what you get and the 1964 are just not worth the money compared to the Padron regular lineup. My favorite Padron is the 4000 6.5x54 maduro. Then the 5000 and Churchill, also in maduro. Their natural wrappers are just average for my tastes, but those maduro wrappers still do "it" for me most times I pull them out or am gifted one. I am looking at getting a box of the Londres 5.5x42 stick in maduro for about $57 bucks or the Delicias 4.9x46 stick in maduro for about $68 bucks. Both would be winter type smokes and when I do not want to burn a $10 stick just to smoke something. I am not sure what the Fumas is, must be short filler as the price is very low for a 6.5x44 cigar in that line.

Please give input for this line, in particular the regular line of cigars, Thank you.

You are talking to the Padron master right here, my friend.

Padron 2000 Maduro is a wonderful smoke, very balanced and very affordable. I also think the 26's are overpriced. The 64's are great....but the price increase does not match the flavor increase...that's just my humble opinion. The Londres are good, it's a Corona size. It's not as full flavored as the 000 series, imo. It's a great value though. I think the 4000 is great as well, but a little big for my tastes as I rarely like to smoke anything approaching Toro size. I think if you buy a box of Londres Maduro or 2000 Maduro (a few boxes actually) you will not be dissapointed! A Padron regular line are easy to get and affordable. I will always pick a Padron 2K over a similar Fuente.

Just my very humble opinion.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks Jason, I let the only 2000 (M) go before they had a chance to get better. They were stronger than the 4000, not as sweet either. Still not much a fan of the robusto 5x50 either, thus me wanting the other two small RG sticks. The 4000 is thicker than anything else I smoke, but that was sorta the first cigar I REALLY liked and one reason I started collecting and searching for what is out there.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd go with the Londres if you want a smaller RG cigar. Or stick with the 4000 as you seem to be fan of them. I can tell you the Fumas is a very cheap cigar. It's a short filler if I remember correctly. It's hard to find outside of Little Havana.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Jason, for you in Padron, is your choice maduro or natural? Must just be a taste thing. Every stick on the regular line in maduro I prefer over the naturals. The Anniv. 64 series the naturals are better, mostly cause the 64 and 26 maduro are too strong for my liking.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Greg, Greg, Greg, no need to push the man over the edge, this bus rides a bumpy road already with the wheels coming off as the speed picks up and the road gets more curves as we speak. If you want some if I do (when) buy them in maduro, just say it amigo.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jason, for you in Padron, is your choice maduro or natural? Must just be a taste thing. Every stick on the regular line in maduro I prefer over the naturals. The Anniv. 64 series the naturals are better, mostly cause the 64 and 26 maduro are too strong for my liking.
Steve, I really don't mind either way to be honest. I love maduros and find myself naturally gravitating towards them first. But I also dig the naturals as well. I think if you prefer the maduro, go for the maduro man. Either way I think you'll be happy.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
:thumbsup: These are some of my favorite cigars, period!:thumbsup:

I like the naturals better, but the maduros are good too.
I'm really feeling the love here man!

I'm a huge fan of Padrons. I will always have space in my humi for Padron 000's and Londres no matter how many top end stogies I smoke. They are my first true love.

:starrylov

:rofl:

Quint

Wannabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the whole Padron line. Standby's for me are the 2000 thru 4000's both M and N but I'm slightly more partial to the Maduros'. I also love the Aniversario and Series lines I think they're both excellant smokes but the Series is way to pricey. $20 for ANY smoke IMO is to pricey I don't care what it is. Padron Aniversario Principe yum yum yum :drool:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for your input Quint. I am just looking at getting back on board with these. I recently jumped on the 5 pack deal from Famous (Thanks to CWS Chuckmeister) "buy 2 five packs, get 1 free" that got me thinking about these again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I go to a Padron, I tend to prefer in the following order:

PAN '64 Exclusivo
3kM
6kN

The PAM '26 is a nice treat now and then, but for the price point, I'd rather go with the PAN '64 Exclusivo.

Alan

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I love the whole Padron line. Standby's for me are the 2000 thru 4000's both M and N but I'm slightly more partial to the Maduros'. I also love the Aniversario and Series lines I think they're both excellant smokes but the Series is way to pricey. $20 for ANY smoke IMO is to pricey I don't care what it is. Padron Aniversario Principe yum yum yum :drool:
The Principe is excellent, and if you can find them for about $9.00 or so it's not a bad value.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
On a side note...

I think the new packaging for the Padron regular line is great. Padrons were always "ugly" to me. Never a round or box pressed cigar..always in the middle. Never very attractive. The caps were usually messy as well, sometimes unfinished.

I'm not a particular fan of box pressed cigars. But they definitely upgraded the regular line with the new press. They look more luxurious and definitely look alot more like they taste! Caps are finished, the roll is tighter and they just look great.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The 64 pyramid maduro is my favorite of the whole line - the pyramid justs comes across more complex and has an underlying spice the others lack

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've never had the Pyramid Maduro as the price point sometimes kept me out of the loop. Sounds like a fantastic smoke, from what I hear.