What's new

Peyton to the Cowboys - it makes sense

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I would see Jerry Jones making the offer for all the PR moves already mentioned; but if it falls through then they are stuck with Romo & he would be totally deflated.

Also, I don't see Peyton agreeing to this, as Jones is a huge control freak & Peyton likes to run his own offence.

I think Washington is a stretch because Shanahan is very controlling as well, but they are making the most noise right now.

Denver & the 49ers make the most sense to me. Each team is just about a QB away from making lots of noise in the post season.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Cardinals or Miami would be my guesses. The Cards have a history of bringing in QB's that are near the end of their careers and they have a ton of wiggle room as far as the salary cap goes not to mention talented young players and a certain Mr. Fitzgerald.

Miami has the weather and if you ignore their record actually had a pretty good season with Matt Moore. Even though he doesn't really fit their rebuilding scheme and Moore is still under contract, Ross really does want him badly.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Why does everyone itt think Peyton is going to command a contract that is going to be expensive? Talking about teams not having cap space, the Cards being notoriously cheap. You guys do realize he is coming off four neck surgeries in the past 21 months and is going to be 37 years old right? It's not like he is going to be getting another hundred million dollar deal

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Houston or Dallas most likely he'll want a line that can protect him and keeps him away from playing the Colts twice a year the only problem is a certain Tom Brady.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
He won't demand guaranteed money but the contract will be laden with incentives that push it to $20mil a year. I don't see anyone giving him a contract like Indy did but you can bet it will be big if the performance is there. Thus they will need the cap space.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Miami can give it up now. He is a good 'ol Southen boy and family man and I see no way of him ending up in a city like Miami. San Fran looks like a good destination with a good o-line to protect his non-mobile a$$. I could see Denver too, they will forget really quick that Tebow even existed if the opportunity should arise to get Peyton. Washington seems like a good fit for him as well. I am a Cowboys fan and wish he would end up here, but no respectable player worth his salt will play under Jerry.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Not sure about cap room, but Houston is very interesting. Great RBs, stud, top end WR and a former QB for a head coach. Should be some interesting rumors in the coming weeks.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
He won't demand guaranteed money but the contract will be laden with incentives that push it to $20mil a year. I don't see anyone giving him a contract like Indy did but you can bet it will be big if the performance is there. Thus they will need the cap space.

Bingo. His deal will be almost all incentives. So much for getting to playoffs, championship game, super bowl, pro bowl, etc. Thats what the 49ers did with Braylon Edwards for example. Paid him 1 mil I think, and it went up if he caugh 100 balls and such. We know how that panned out. As far as him going to the Niners, didnt Peyton take over for Harbaugh in Indy at the end of his career?? That would be interesting. Still dont see it tho.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I think it's between Miami, the Jets and AZ. No way Peyton would go to the Redskins to play in the same division as his brother. I don't see why playing in the same city as Eli is a big deal. I bet they would like to be in the same city. But I can see Peyton not wanting to steal his younger bros thunder in NYC. AZ is an option IF they decide to go after him. I bet Peyton would jump at the chance to throw to Fitzgerald and be in a warm city. People in Seattle are salivating over the idea of him coming... but I just laugh because I don't think there's anyway that he would want to come to an outdoor stadium in Seattle where it could be raining half the time.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Looking at all the NFL teams, I think these teams could be surprise options that could use QB upgrades. Not saying they are all realistic options, but they are the remaining teams that would/could look at a QB... Jacksonville, Denver, Cleveland, maybe KC, SF (but I think they are sold on Smith)