What's new

Peyton to the Cowboys - it makes sense

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The media over here is retarded. The hype would be bigger than Jeremy Lin.
I get that... but if anyone can handle it, it would be the Mannings. I sure hope it doesn't happen though because I hear enough about NYC teams the way it is!?! LOL

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Talk right now is Jets or Dolphins. And I don't think he will go to the Jets because they would have to give Sanchez the boot which is the QB they are trying to build their franchise around. And for what? A couple years of Payton Manning? The only thing that makes sense to me is a team which has no QB at the moment.

I'd gladly welcome him to the Patriots though if he wants to back up Tom Brady ^_^

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Talk right now is Jets or Dolphins. And I don't think he will go to the Jets because they would have to give Sanchez the boot which is the QB they are trying to build their franchise around. And for what? A couple years of Payton Manning? The only thing that makes sense to me is a team which has no QB at the moment.

I'd gladly welcome him to the Patriots though if he wants to back up Tom Brady ^_^
I just don't get why everyone thinks he will go to Miami. The organization stinks and Miami is not Peyton's kind of town. I really don't think Miami has a chance in hell of getting him. I'm betting that Peyton doesn't even pay them any attention. I highly doubt that Peyton went through all of the trouble of four neck surgeries to take snaps behind one of the worst O-lines in the league,.....unless he wants to be eating jello and crapping in a bag for the rest of his life.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I just don't get why everyone thinks he will go to Miami. The organization stinks and Miami is not Peyton's kind of town. I really don't think Miami has a chance in hell of getting him.
So why does he own a home in Miami and he flew there right after his press conference today? :thumbsup:

I think it's between Miami and AZ.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just don't get why everyone thinks he will go to Arizona. The organization stinks and Arizona is not Peyton's kind of town. I really don't think Arizona has a chance in hell of getting him. I'm betting that Peyton doesn't even pay them any attention. I highly doubt that Peyton went through all of the trouble of four neck surgeries to take snaps behind one of the worst O-lines in the league,.....unless he wants to be eating jello and crapping in a bag for the rest of his life.
See what I did there? LOL

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Looks like AZ and Denver are the finalists in the sweepstakes. If he goes to AZ I'll at least get to watch some decent games on the local stations. Watching NFC West games this year was pretty painful. Denver has nice receivers we just didn't get to see them in action too much last year. Both good choices but I thought he would go to more of a media hub where a guy who likes doing endorsement deals would get more lucrative offers.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
I really don't think endorsement contracts mean a whole lot to him at this point in his career. His family is super rich, he made 20 million last year doing nothing. He's made over $100 million over the past 14 years in NFL contracts alone. Including his endorsements he already has/had, he is pretty set financially.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know I'm dreaming but the Chiefs have cap room and a lot of targets to throw to and a running game to complement the
passing game. The only weekness is the offensive line... and that would be a deal killer. Like I said... just dreaming :halfgrinw
I have the same dream, heh. I was talking to my dad and mentioned Peyton leaving the Colts was like Montana leaving the 49ers... and we know where he went!

In reality though, Arizona would be a good fit for him.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
This does make sense, especially because of the covered stadium.

There are a ton of (typically baseless) Cowboy haters out there, but statistically and historically Dallas does have a winning legacy that I can see Manning being a part of.

But, Jerry always seems to be loyal to a fault, supporting and believing in players and staff to the very end; often after they have (unfortunately) done damage to the team. Having said that, I wonder if he would sideline/trade Romo (?)

Last edited: