What's new

Photography Critiques Corner

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Oh yeah I know its not good for it, I love using my 70-200 and 50mm's (1.8 and now 1.4) way more.

Personally I hate HDR photos, normally a person over cooks it in my eyes and it just way to edited for me. Now I don't know if it where you just have this one hosted but do you see what I mean about the 10-22 being soft.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I know its not good for it, I love using my 70-200 and 50mm's (1.8 and now 1.4) way more.

Personally I hate HDR photos, normally a person over cooks it in my eyes and it just way to edited for me. Now I don't know if it where you just have this one hosted but do you see what I mean about the 10-22 being soft.
I haven't attached the hi-res shots here, since I'm surfing through my ipad, I will however send you the links to my Flickr later.
I agree with what you've said about HDR, in 98% of the cases, it's assumed that HDRs are meant to look unreal, which is why most new photographers tend to overlook it.

Here are some old rolling shots I did.

This was with the 10-22 all the way out at 10mm

In at 20mm

Scittles car shot at 12mm
Those are some great rolling shots mate, im assuming the first one was taken while using a rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we had beautiful cloudy skies like in the pictures above. Here in Dubai , clear skies are all we get! Yes Europeans love it, but ask someone who has been born and raised here. Clear skies and a little rain would be gods gift :p

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I would agree that having the top of the sail could have added to the comp but overall since this is a pan shot I also thinking having it cut off doesn't take away from it either. Nice shot, would like to see what that spot is like at sunset or at night.
We got to that spot before sunup and I probably have a few shots when still darker. I will have to look because they are not readily available. The sun would have set probably directly behind the boats. Probably would make for some nice photos. Thanks for everyones comments.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree that having the top of the sail could have added to the comp but overall since this is a pan shot I also thinking having it cut off doesn't take away from it either. Nice shot, would like to see what that spot is like at sunset or at night.
We got to that spot before sunup and I probably have a few shots when still darker. I will have to look because they are not readily available. The sun would have set probably directly behind the boats. Probably would make for some nice photos. Thanks for everyones comments.
That'd surely make for a great picture! One iPhone app I can vouch upon is 'photographers ephemeris' for determining the sun and moons precise location.

Looking forward to more pictures from members :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey All, Some great photos here :thumbsup: I am somewhat of a photographer and thought I'd throw a couple out there. Let me know what you think....

constructive critisism is much appreciated....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, Some great photos here :thumbsup: I am somewhat of a photographer and thought I'd throw a couple out there. Let me know what you think....

This picture is great! Lovely depth of field, the only thing I would've done differently is to have cropped the picture more tightly, so much so that the top part of the butterfly's would be out of the frame. But that depends on the pixels and if they didn't pixelate too much.

I've been wanting to take a picture of my cigar as well, since I'm new at this cigar smoking business :p however, a shot from a much lower angle, with a extremely shallow depth of field, leading towards the label is what I would do. (Yes! I'm a sucker for shallow depth of fields :p)

This ones just awesome! Some post processing and a slight vignette and voila I'll have that hung in my office!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a Canon guy :) Here are some random shots I can access from my old Flickr account ...

Funny thing is, I have yet to break out my camera to take a picture of any cigar I've smoked - maybe I should dust it off :ccowboy:

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

I like this image, but something about the out of focus flowers in the front and left of frame bothers me. I don't know why. Maybe they are too soft, I don't know. Good pics thou.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Rainbow falls in the Smokey Mountains. About an 80 ft drop. Sorry it might be too tall for your monitor. It is for mine and I have to scroll.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Sixspeedsam those are some great captures man. The two Forrest landscapes I really dig, mostly the fog filled one.

Rac, I think I feel you on the flowers. I don't think they are two soft and could actually be softer with a shallower DOF to separate them even more. I am also a DOF whore, hence why I don't shoot landscapes at all. I dislike having a low aperture.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373422618.227013.jpg

Well, here it is. The model was kind enough to wear tire marks the rest of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I aint no mod or admin but iam aokwith nudes, though real life nudes are somewhat more fun.....just saying. Thanks for the compliment and ideas. :thumbsup: oh and I am a canon guy too though I have a drinking buddy that's a diehard Nikon guy and we regularly get in drunken fist fights over which ones better ....lol