What's new

pic of your four legged smoking buddy

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Anyone familiar with pits? Had this guy show up on my back porch few nights ago. Didn't like me at first but after sitting with him for 30 minutes he let me pet him and look him over. The shiny spots on his fur is blood. Can't tell what happened to him. Long story short it was 3 am so I feed him and hoped he would stick around and called animal control in the morning. He was very good with me and let me put him in the truck. Wouldnt let animal control but I think it's cause they were afraid of him so he was afraid too. Have to wait 72 hours before I can try and adopt him. I'd like to do just that but not sure how it will go with other dogs. Anyone had experience with rescue dogs that are aggressive. All of mine have been rescued from people abusing them not (possibly) fighting with dogs. I don't know he was fighting but something got him pretty good. Also he looks pretty young to me but I'm not great at judging age.

Great dogs! That one might have a lil lab in him. We fostered a former bait dog that came around really well and mine is a rather large pit. You will need to show that you lead the house and they will respond well. Great dogs

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone familiar with pits? Had this guy show up on my back porch few nights ago. Didn't like me at first but after sitting with him for 30 minutes he let me pet him and look him over. The shiny spots on his fur is blood. Can't tell what happened to him. Long story short it was 3 am so I feed him and hoped he would stick around and called animal control in the morning. He was very good with me and let me put him in the truck. Wouldnt let animal control but I think it's cause they were afraid of him so he was afraid too. Have to wait 72 hours before I can try and adopt him. I'd like to do just that but not sure how it will go with other dogs. Anyone had experience with rescue dogs that are aggressive. All of mine have been rescued from people abusing them not (possibly) fighting with dogs. I don't know he was fighting but something got him pretty good. Also he looks pretty young to me but I'm not great at judging age.

They are great dogs. They need a firm hand, but they tend to be loyal and clingy. If he was a bait dog it will take some work to get him calmed down and trusting again.

I hope it works out. They make great family pets.

Edit to add:
The ears and tail haven't been bobbed. That is a good sign that it wasn't a fighting dog.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hope things work out. However, this dog doesn't look like a pit. A pit mix? Yeah probably. I think I see some American bulldog in this one, which is similar to a pitbull in temperament.

We're on our second pitbull after our first one died from kidney failure. She's still a puppy and you can see her in my avatar. Pits can be stubborn when it comes to training but they're incredibly loyal. They're choosy too, so the fact that this one wants to be around you says something. Don't give up on her, if you can get her back go for it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

The first one is Leah, a one year old Border Collie/Spaniel mix (we're thinking Papillon). We've had her five days now.

The second is Hemingway, a two year old Aussie Cattle Dog/Black Lab mix. We've had him about a month and a half now.

Yes, Hemingway is named after the Fuente cigar line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
My buddy got put down in September, photo is on this thread, page 7. I got a new one. Yellow lab with extra chocolate lab gene (called a Dudley Lab), her name is Nora
You've got a definate winner there, I keep coming back to this, Congratulations

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just took this little guy in before his owners surrendered him to the shelter. Not entirely sure of his breed(s), and if the guy was right he's about 7 weeks but I'm not sure. All that aside, he's really big on wanting to nibble on your hands which turns into bites with a little more force at times. Never really had an issue with past dogs wanting to bite so much so any help on getting rid of this behavior

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just took this little guy in before his owners surrendered him to the shelter. Not entirely sure of his breed(s), and if the guy was right he's about 7 weeks but I'm not sure. All that aside, he's really big on wanting to nibble on your hands which turns into bites with a little more force at times. Never really had an issue with past dogs wanting to bite so much so any help on getting rid of this behavior

Bop his ass on the nose. that's me though. if you want to be less violent (which some dogs need) just say ouch and ignore him for like an hour. nothing at all, don't even look at him. he will realize when he bits you won't play with him. but I prefer a dominant style of training but all my dogs are off leash dogs. so I need them to know they must listen to me.

Make sure he has thing to chew on. a lot of young dogs just want to chew and don't know they are bitting harder than they should.

And from those pics I have no idea what he is other than a mut. which make great dogs (y)