What's new

pic of your four legged smoking buddy

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
We are fostering a male pug that was displaced by hurricane Harvey. Beautiful black pup of around two years old. When we found him at the shelter he was as far back in his pen as he could go just shaking. My wife finally coaxed him out and long story short, we took him home. He never took his eyes off me the hour long ride home. We've had him for two plus months now and he still never takes his eyes off me. I will be across the room and if I raise my hands for anything he starts shaking. Obviously this poor boy has been abused. It takes about ten minutes for him to even relax when I get home from work. I can coax him with treats but, he reluctantly takes them. The only saving grace is he's definitely besties with my wife. Things are slowly coming around for him and me. Baby steps, right?
I feel you. We rescued a Male Doberman that is scared of his own shadow. Beautiful blue color. Scars all down his back. I'd pick up a golf club, or even a fly swatter and he'd high tail it to the next room. Very sweet dog though. 89lbs, and thinks he is a chihuahua.
Give him time, he'll come around

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My wife suckered me into adopting another one. This little dude makes number 4. All of 4 pounds and looks funny as hell playing with my 90lb boxer/mastiff mix
This is a picture of our little rescue when he was a pup. They look so much a like except ours has a pink nose to yours having a black nose. Sorry for the crappy picture, but I took it from a framed pic on the wall.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I feel you. We rescued a Male Doberman that is scared of his own shadow. Beautiful blue color. Scars all down his back. I'd pick up a golf club, or even a fly swatter and he'd high tail it to the next room. Very sweet dog though. 89lbs, and thinks he is a chihuahua.
Give him time, he'll come around
It's heart breaking to see pups in that condition. Keep up the good work, brother.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Gorgeous! I love their coats.
Thanks brother. Have never seen an Austrailian Cattle Dog (red or blue) without any brown on them in person, but the vet my wife works for thinks she is purebred. Doesn't matter either way, she is by far the smartest, most loving dog I've ever encountered. Velcro dog is the best description. We got her free from a family that found her as a pup wandering the streets. No one answered the posters, and after three weeks, we brought her home. Shedding is the only problem we have with her.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Great pic, and beautiful pup, Micky!
What did you decide on the flea/tick medication? Staying with frontline?
No, not frontline, going to stick with Nexguard. He's going to the spa on Saturday, he is a little rank right now, and washing his big ass in the kiddie tub is work, he's over 100 lbs now.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thanks, he knows he is too...lolView attachment 115607
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The wife and boy want a "wiener dog" when Charlie passes on.........I just don't know, but wife said I get NO SAY in the next dog that we get. Charlie was kind of unexpected. My mom bought 2 German Shepard puppies at the ripe old age of 65, then decided that 2 German Shepard puppies was too much to handle at the ripe old age of 65, so she got rid of Charlie (he was always my fav)........well the guy that had him kept in in a cage in the basement in the dark, because his mom was "allergic."

The wife and I were talking about getting a dog, and she wanted a Lab, and I wanted a Bulldog, and we were actually going to go out and look at dogs that weekend, when my mom called me and told me about the conditions that Charlie was living in. I told her I would take him, and the wife really didn't have a say, I told her that we would be keeping him in the family, and he could visit his sister when we went to visit my mom on the weekends, so I get the wife's point, but just can't wrap my heard around owning a wiener dog.