What's new

Pics of your cellar

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Certainly not as extensive as a few of you but considering that I've only been piping since July, I'm pretty ecstatic about my cellar. Thanks to all of you and your "help"...

Here's a look at my collection so far. Of the 23, only two of them will likely not be smoked: the Kirsten (unless I can find a new stem and ramrod) and the kiseru since I can't seem to get the bowl and mouthpiece off of the bamboo shank. You can see it in the pic but the jade mouthpiece cleaned up beautifully. The six pipes in the dish of rice are awaiting restoration before I can smoke them.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Looks great, Rob!
I need to get me a Kiseru!
From the moment I saw one, I knew i had to have one. It wasn't too bad, I think I paid $30 or so on Flea Bay. Apparently they are in demand with potheads because of the tiny bowl, so they're hard to find. A lot of Japanese manufacturers won't ship them to the US anymore. I have found an online site where you can buy kizami (Japanese tobacco) and, if I clean up the kiseru, I'll get some.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
From the moment I saw one, I knew i had to have one. It wasn't too bad, I think I paid $30 or so on Flea Bay. Apparently they are in demand with potheads because of the tiny bowl, so they're hard to find. A lot of Japanese manufacturers won't ship them to the US anymore. I have found an online site where you can buy kizami (Japanese tobacco) and, if I clean up the kiseru, I'll get some.
Let me know when you do, I'll run a split with ya. Mike over at TPC has a Kiseru maker in his network that I've been looking at...