What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sure!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Rock on. 50 and 54 go to you. I'll let you know when I got make my v2 replacements and can ship and we can exchange info. Glad they aren't going into recycling as each took more than 24 hours to print.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If nobody else wants the 44 I would be keen on that one for sure. I would let others have a chance at that if they wanted as I already have a wooden 44rg mold I use. Having a second one would be handy though.
I actually used that one more than I thought I would. I'm not normally a fan of that size until I started rolling my own. It holds 8 sticks because I was trying to see how big my printer could handle. I never use all 8 shots though. I usually only roll 2-4 at a time now. If you want me to hold it for you just let me know.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I actually used that one more than I thought I would. I'm not normally a fan of that size until I started rolling my own. It holds 8 sticks because I was trying to see how big my printer could handle. I never use all 8 shots though. I usually only roll 2-4 at a time now. If you want me to hold it for you just let me know.

If nobody else speaks up I will put it to use

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Criollo ligero, nica seco, mata fina, hella too spicy

I ran those same leaves plus a Brazilian viso, thought it was awesome with three months rest...

Edit : this had inserted a previous incomplete thought that's been deleted.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Criollo ligero, nica seco, mata fina, hella too spicy

This may sound like a dick question, but how would you classify your impression of each of those leaves independently, in terms of burn, pharma strength, body, flavor, aroma, and what you imagine they'd need from another leaf to give you what you're looking for?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This may sound like a dick question, but how would you classify your impression of each of those leaves independently, in terms of burn, pharma strength, body, flavor, aroma, and what you imagine they'd need from another leaf to give you what you're looking for?
Appropriate question, mata fina (creamy, earthy, some cocoa, medium body, medium burn), criollo ligero (pepper, baking spice, medium-full, poor burn), habano seco (hard to say since it's new to me, but wayyyyy more pepper than i wanted, good burn?)

Really just dicking around with the Brazilian villain blend (creamy, light baking spice, coffee) since don still doesn't have my dom seco lol.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Appropriate question, mata fina (creamy, earthy, some cocoa, medium body, medium burn), criollo ligero (pepper, baking spice, medium-full, poor burn), habano seco (hard to say since it's new to me, but wayyyyy more pepper than i wanted, good burn?)

Really just dicking around with the Brazilian villain blend (creamy, light baking spice, coffee) since don still doesn't have my dom seco lol.

Thank you. The NHS in itself is spicy, leathery-sweet, somewhat strong, more like a ligero in its aroma content than a typical seco. Its burn is very good. Not as peppery as you're saying, IMHO. Some spice, some "spice feeling on my tongue," but not epically peppery (just my subjective take on it on it). In fact it's actually a bit "shitty," so I thought you might like it. I find it more "shitty-sweet-earthy" than peppery. Isn't that strange?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thank you. The NHS in itself is spicy, leathery-sweet, somewhat strong, more like a ligero in its aroma content than a typical seco. Its burn is very good. Not as peppery as you're saying, IMHO. Some spice, some "spice feeling on my tongue," but not epically peppery (just my subjective take on it on it). In fact it's actually a bit "shitty," so I thought you might like it. I find it more "shitty-sweet-earthy" than peppery. Isn't that strange?
Maybe in combo with the ligero it's... bad? Too spicy? Too young (2 weeks of age)?

I'm going to swap the criollo with dominican ligero and see what happens

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe in combo with the ligero it's... bad? Too spicy? Too young (2 weeks of age)?

I wish I could find spice in the Nicaraguan. To me it just tastes like flat soda. It needs Sumatra and Corojo to spice it up, for me.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

So I pulled out my wrapper recipe notes and this is what I found, hope it helps...
20170614_091929.jpg