What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the encouragement. I need that.
It looks so easy when I watch Bliss roll then on his videos.
Magicians always make it look easy, and @blisscigarco is a magic worker. What I'm trying to say is as a beginner watching Bliss work on the leaf is difficult to see and register some of the finesse he is demonstrating for us. Re-watch those videos now that you've rolled a few and you'll see new things that he was showing us that you didn't notice before. I believe @webmost also made some videos about wrapping using paper towels for practice. They helped too.
Anyway, keep at it, you too will be making pretty cigars!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magicians always make it look easy, and @blisscigarco is a magic worker. What I'm trying to say is as a beginner watching Bliss work on the leaf is difficult to see and register some of the finesse he is demonstrating for us. Re-watch those videos now that you've rolled a few and you'll see new things that he was showing us that you didn't notice before. I believe @webmost also made some videos about wrapping using paper towels for practice. They helped too.
Anyway, keep at it, you too will be making pretty cigars!
If you can't roll a paper towel into a cigar then don't think you can roll tobacco into one. It's a good exercise to see if you can use real tobacco.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolling an attractive, well constructed cigar certainly takes some talent. Having said that, lets not discourage others by having them believe it takes some sort of magical power to produce. It doesn't.

Brain surgery is difficult, playing the violin is difficult, playing golf under par is difficult... but rolling a cigar is just not that hard! Sorry, it's not. No superhuman powers are required to make a decent cigar. In a week or two of practice smoke-able cigars can roll off your finger tips.

Take it to whatever level of perfection you would like. If you want a prettier cigar it will require some practice but certainly attainable without too much stress. All it really takes is...desire.

Remember... the best, most flavorful cigars are the result of great tobacco processing. " A poorly rolled cigar using great tobacco will still be a good smoke. A beautiful,well constructed cigar using crappy tobacco will remain crappy". Tim Torres (3rd generation Cuban roller)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Rolling an attractive, well constructed cigar certainly takes some talent. Having said that, lets not discourage others by having them believe it takes some sort of magical power to produce. It doesn't.

Brain surgery is difficult, playing the violin is difficult, playing golf under par is difficult... but rolling a cigar is just not that hard! Sorry, it's not. No superhuman powers are required to make a decent cigar. In a week or two of practice smoke-able cigars can roll off your finger tips.

Take it to whatever level of perfection you would like. If you want a prettier cigar it will require some practice but certainly attainable without too much stress. All it really takes is...desire.

Remember... the best, most flavorful cigars are the result of great tobacco processing. " A poorly rolled cigar using great tobacco will still be a good smoke. A beautiful,well constructed cigar using crappy tobacco will remain crappy". Tim Torres (3rd generation Cuban roller)
This times 1000. It doesn't take magic superpowers.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Magicians don't have superhuman powers either guys. All I was saying was that with practice, you too can make it look easy while as a beginner looking at Bliss or any other decent roller video is like watching a magician.
Don't be disheartened by how easy it looks.
It's kind of like riding a bike. It looks easy when you watch someone, then you go through a little learning, before you know it, you're riding wheelies or with no hands!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Magicians don't have superhuman powers either guys. All I was saying was that with practice, you too can make it look easy while as a beginner looking at Bliss or any other decent roller video is like watching a magician.
Don't be disheartened by how easy it looks.
It's kind of like riding a bike. It looks easy when you watch someone, then you go through a little learning, before you know it, you're riding wheelies or with no hands!
I was going to say the same thing. As with magic, once you know how it's done, then you just have to practice until you get it right. In my videos I try to show as clearly as possible how I do it.

That just leaves practice.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Gotta watch again. I can't figure out how to get the veins to run down the cigar.

Your bunches look like they were nice and consistent, I bet they'll be tasty!
When you lay down your leaf, look how the veins are running out from the center to the edge. They won't always be straight, any curves will cause the exposed veins to be other than straight. When applying the wrapper, you can cut the leaf to give the straightest veins and then angle the leaf as needed. @webmost video was the clincher for me. I tried the paper towel test and then ordered the leaf. Then had to watch the videos again!
Keep practicing as often as possible. You don't have to make 10 each session, just a couple each time but frequently and you'll be surprised how fast you get good at this!