What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've been rolling for a few years but I only roll once every few months. It's hard to find free time and when I do I usually use it to smoke instead of roll.
Here are four I rolled yesterday. I'm not happy with the heads. I'll have to try to roll more often.

View attachment 119366
Not everyone has the sickness like me. I don't post hardly near as much as I roll because I don't want to clutter the thread with my pictures. There is something special about smoking while you roll though

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone has the sickness like me. I don't post hardly near as much as I roll because I don't want to clutter the thread with my pictures. There is something special about smoking while you roll though
For some reason, I almost always have a smoke and few fingers of rum, or scotch, or bourbon; When I roll. They just all fit together nicley! Like peas and carrots!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gentlemen... I want to respond to something I have seen on here several times that kinda rubs me the wrong way. This is said out of the utmost respect and value for each MOTL here.

I've read several remarks about the quality of leaf we have available to us verses that of name brand retailers. It comes across that we receive subpar/substandad leaf which implies we can only produce a substandard stick. I can not agree with this line of thought as I've never had anyone tell me they can get better smokes in the retail world... in fact I get just the opposite response from those who enjoy my blends. Even when they don't prefer a particular blend it has nothing to do with it's quality and everything to do with palate preference. I know this because I offer a DIRTY Dozen taster flight with 13 different blends on it and it has always... without fail been about the palate profile preferences and never once about inferiority of product.

That being said... I like to refer to my 26 years of home cooking for my family of 7... I never had the best spices money could buy... but people who ate my food always told me to open a restaurant ... it's never really about the quality of spice but the arranement and composition... just like music... while the instrument is important... it's not as important as the arrangement and composition of the music itself. What we do with these leaves is far more significant than the leaves we have at our disposal. We have something far greater than some of these retail blends out there. We can't compete and should not compete because it's apple juice and orange juice... of alllll the things they have in common, they pale in comparison to the differences in their final product... The juice is not the same. So sure... maybe we get second string or third string grade... but nothing stops us from producing 5 star quality.

Now about the Maduro leaves... Maduro is not just the name given to a specific leaf... it's the description of the dark color of the leaf and or it's fermentation process... as you already know. As a result... there are many different leaves that are sold as Maduro on the market... saying Maduro is like saying Shade ... you then need to specify the type of Maduro or Shade wrapper. For example someone above mentioned there not being any Maduro leaves available to us... this is inaccurate... Oscuro for example IS a Maduro... in most cases Double Maduro... even though it is not the darkest of color it's flavor profile is fantastic and if stretched correctly and paired with a good burn arrangement... burns wonderfully... we also have Maduro named leaf through leaf only... another great flavor profile but darker than Oscuro but not as black as some marketed maduros... Although most times Cameroon isn't Maduro...The LO Cameroon ... to me... it's oily enough to be classified Maduro... Dark fire cursed is also a maduro... Mex San Andres... if well blended is a fantastic maduro leaf... The list goes on.

In any event... not to belabor the points... we should not under value or undrestimate our contribution or quality of contribution to cigar culture and lifestyle. Everyone knows there's nothing better than a good home cooked meal. Long leaf life my fellow MOTL :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::happy::):cigar:
Facts!! I’d eat your food and smoke your cigars any day over most of these commercial sticks. I’m a full time artist that sell plenty paintings and I could exchange my most expensive brushes to someone who doesn’t put what I put into my art for a cheap set of brushes. And still do quality work with what some may consider inferior materials. Hey!! This brother named Basquiat (RIP) was tagging around Brooklyn back in the day before he met Andy Warhol. After he exploded on the art scene people were stealing doors from project buildings that he tagged on. I lovethe work that all the guys and gals are doing on this forum and I aspire to create the art you guy create with whatever leaf I see you do it with.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Robustos. Lately I typically only do one of a blend, sometimes two. Always new blends. Once I find a good one it's time to move on. But it's marked as good in the spreadsheet, for the future. I always bunch 4, 6, or 8. This is six different blends. If any of them are amazing then I wrap that blend in a few different wrappers to see what happens. After the photo I put on the labels: B1-B6 in this case, 8/17/18. So far I've smoked B4, since it was the ugliest.... I got this mold from Martinez a few years ago. It is really trashed. It has so much experience, so much character. It is my favorite mold of the 14 I currently own. I love it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I too have the sickness :notworthy::woot::nailbiting:
Aye you do! There are a few of us here that have the sickness on a high level. Not discounting anyone who doesn't roll as much as we do, please don't anyone take it that way. It needs to be enjoyable and if I'm not feeling it, I pack it up and come back later because your mood gets transferred to your rolls

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aye you do! There are a few of us here that have the sickness on a high level. Not discounting anyone who doesn't roll as much as we do, please don't anyone take it that way. It needs to be enjoyable and if I'm not feeling it, I pack it up and come back later because your mood gets transferred to your rolls
That is the truth (y)