What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice Web, is that an Upperwok?
Apples and oranges. Uppowoc is one of the Indian words for tobacco. I just stole it for my whole line of bunglesticks just cause I like the word. Sounds playful to me.

This shape is just a test quickie plumpfecto which happened to pop out nice lookin. I was experimenting with double binder to try and get a smoother surface. It worked as far as smooth surface, but failed as far as double binder; cause it prevented the barrel of the thing from swelling plump the way I like. So a double binder is not the bright idea I had hoped.

Not smoking much lately, so I'm burning up weeks trying to come up with the next stash worthy blend. I want to master a smooth plumpfecto wrapped in CT wad. That's my ambition. Plumpfecto would be a 5" fecto with a 48rg barrel swelling to 50rg in the middle, one short pointy end, and one hemi-oval end. Playing with voluptuous shape. Here you see the hemi-oval end, the pointy end, and the 48rg barrel ... but no swelling in the middle. Did come out smooth, tho. This one is 1/4 leaf piloto & 3 leaves CVVA seco, with a Mata Fina inner binder & a CT Havana 7 outer binder, then a CT shade wad-wrapper.

For best flavor, I really like the PA broadleaf wrapper as the binder for these. Goes right with the CVVA and with the CT shade. But that PA BL is lumpy veined. I'd gladly go with a CT broadleaf wrapper as my binder, to combine some broadleaf flavor in a smoother texture. But my CT BL wrapper doesn't appear to be resilient enough. Least not in my clumsy hands. Splits up when I try to bind with it.

Know what's the toughest bit playing with this shape? It's getting that short pointy end to transition to the barrel. I don't really have the time to roll enough of these to master it the way I'd like to.

Prolly just diving in too deep. Could just twist a quick corona and torch the lil stinker. Some would say it ain't about the inward 1 ½ Somersault with 2 Twists... that it's all about a cool swimmin hole on a hot day.

Wish I could roll as good as Bliss or Marc. Not enough years left in me.

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally back to rolling. These are filled completely with Omateppe tabacco.
I'll do the same with tobacco from Jalappa and Condega to see the difference in flavor.
My idea was to roll #54 but the leaves were big and thick, so turned out to #60 X 6.
My tobacco from Oliva is still hold up in customs, now already 2 months.
Besides the 3 traditional Nicaraguan sites (Con. - Jal. - Omat.) they included some samples from 5-6 new sites. Also some Connecticut wrapper grown over there.
Meanwhile I'm setting up my fermentation box.
IMG_2042.JPG