What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your amazing wonder blend. If possible please keep reporting on it, how it's aging and such, and whether the blend stays amazing. I'd love to try it but I'm currently lacking a few of those leafs and in no position to blow for more. Thanks again! P.S. Maybe it's moot, because they don't carry Nic Habano seco anymore. Might also be moot on account of you Corojo ligero being from 2 years ago. I once had a blend ruined forever when the Corojo viso changed drastically load-to-load.
Did you mean the Nic Viso? Thats what I used. I hope they didn’t stop carrying any of the Nic Habano. I use those leaves more than anything.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your amazing wonder blend. If possible please keep reporting on it, how it's aging and such, and whether the blend stays amazing. I'd love to try it but I'm currently lacking a few of those leafs and in no position to blow for more. Thanks again! P.S. Maybe it's moot, because they don't carry Nic Habano seco anymore. Might also be moot on account of you Corojo ligero being from 2 years ago. I once had a blend ruined forever when the Corojo viso changed drastically load-to-load.
Just checked and all the Nic Habano is available

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just checked and all the Nic Habano is available
Thanks, yeah I meant the viso. Sorry, my mind's breaking down lately. Wow, I never looked at that Condega stuff to realize it was their normal Habano, re-labeled. Is that right? Same kinda Nic habano, just with the word Condega slapped on it? I guess I shoulda noticed the photos looked pretty similar to the old stuff. Thought with the new name that it it must be some other stuff from some other farm or something.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had a real breakthrough today. Been rolling for more than 5 years and just smoked the best cigar I ever rolled. Only 2 days old and it’s by far the most flavorful complex blend I’ve made. Honestly shocked how good it is. While I always enjoy my creations I firmly believe store bought cigars are better. The quality of the tobacco the pros use can’t really compare but this one cigar I truly believe is on that level. Has that spicy cedar flavor that I get a lot with medium strength Nicaraguan cigars along with a dark cherry flavor coming in and out.
I rolled the same blend but used CV Corojo Viso in place of the Nic Viso and it doesn’t come close to this cigar. Will be filling a few molds with these tonight.

1.5 WLT Criollo 98 Seco
1/2 LO San Andres Viso
2 WLT Nic Habano Viso
1 WLT Corojo 99 Ligero (From about 2 years ago. By far my fav ligero.)
WLT Sumatra binder
LO Honduran binder as wrapper (While this leaf has some green color around the veins I find it thin like CT shade but the strength and stretching ability and on it is crazy. The green should come out by bringing up the case and letting it sit in the sun for a bit.)
Have you tried this blend with other secos? I ask because I have five years of Excel spreadsheet entries about the Criollo98 seco, and all are striking bad, calling its aroma things like, "So not good," and "Rancid pickle flavor," and "Wow, changing the seco to Criollo98 ruined it." I've given away and thrown away pounds of the stuff. So it's hard for me to blow $25 (price+shipping) another lb, unless its unique contributions are key to your blend working.

I also wonder how much you've tried variations of it in general to isolate the key stuff, besides the Corojo99 ligero.

Thanks for any further thoughts on it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yeah I meant the viso. Sorry, my mind's breaking down lately. Wow, I never looked at that Condega stuff to realize it was their normal Habano, re-labeled. Is that right? Same kinda Nic habano, just with the word Condega slapped on it? I guess I shoulda noticed the photos looked pretty similar to the old stuff. Thought with the new name that it it must be some other stuff from some other farm or something.
It’s the exact same leaf and if they claim it’s diff I’d call them a liar. I bought a pound of each after they description change and it’s all the same. If you click the link and read the description at the bottom it still says Esteli and not Condega.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried this blend with other secos? I ask because I have five years of Excel spreadsheet entries about the Criollo98 seco, and all are striking bad, calling its aroma things like, "So not good," and "Rancid pickle flavor," and "Wow, changing the seco to Criollo98 ruined it." I've given away and thrown away pounds of the stuff. So it's hard for me to blow $25 (price+shipping) another lb, unless its unique contributions are key to your blend working.

I also wonder how much you've tried variations of it in general to isolate the key stuff, besides the Corojo99 ligero.

Thanks for any further thoughts on it.
I tried a couple diff variations of the blend and thought this one was the best. I’d have to look at my notebook after work to tell you exactly what was in the others. But it was diff primings of the leaves that I used for this one. I usually Make 2 or 3 blends using diff primings and play around with it a bit.
I bought this pound of c98 this past April. I bought that and the Viso and have been happy with it both.
Did the c98 you tried all have the same problem? This was the 1st I’ve ordered it from WLT in a while I got it from LO the few times.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s the exact same leaf and if they claim it’s diff I’d call them a liar. I bought a pound of each after they description change and it’s all the same. If you click the link and read the description at the bottom it still says Esteli and not Condega.
I'm probably trippin, but I don't find the word Esteli at any description link for these "Condega" leaves. Checked all three primings. Could you please paste me a link? I wonder if he just edited that out? (In case it's not just me becoming more demented).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I tried a couple diff variations of the blend and thought this one was the best. I’d have to look at my notebook after work to tell you exactly what was in the others. But it was diff primings of the leaves that I used for this one. I usually Make 2 or 3 blends using diff primings and play around with it a bit.
I bought this pound of c98 this past April. I bought that and the Viso and have been happy with it both.
Did the c98 you tried all have the same problem? This was the 1st I’ve ordered it from WLT in a while I got it from LO the few times.
All right. Well going by what you've tried here, sounds like there's probably no situation where you kept all the other primings exactly the same but just swapped in a different varietal seco. I reckon I'll just have to try my luck with what secos I've got rather than blowing for the turned pickle brine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably trippin, but I don't find the word Esteli at any description link for these "Condega" leaves. Checked all three primings. Could you please paste me a link? I wonder if he just edited that out? (In case it's not just me becoming more demented).
Yeah give me a minute. I looked again yesterday just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things that weren’t there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a screen shot it’s from the Ligero. I sent an email a while back asking about it and never got a response

Attachments

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here’s a screen shot it’s from the Ligero. I sent an email a while back asking about it and never got a response
Thank you. But since I don't know where you found that, I have to assume they removed that part after you sent them the email?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did you read the description on the Ligero? It’s clearly says it right on there
Jesus. No, I did not. Thank you. And yes, it is indeed right there. Of course I checked the viso and the seco and called it a day.... and so the dementia progresses...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol it’ll happen to all of us eventually