What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Once you get used to accordion, try entubado. It really isn’t any more difficult and your draw should benefit. Keep it up!
I have tried entubado but somehow get better results with accordion bunching. Could be that I have short stubby hands lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But the truth is that my blends are more harmonious using the accordion method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've been using the "book" method for the past year. I've never seen the pros use it but for me it is so much easier to get a consistent ring gauge, leaf placement and density, and they burn great. What ever works....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
50 X 5.4 from the center listed. 0.75 ligaro, 1.5 viso filler, 0.5 canela, 0.5 Vualta Abajo binders and Rosado wrappers.

https://i.imgur.com/wPj2Jlc.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New here and happy to show stick, inspiring thread. These 2 are Ecuador seco filler and Indonesian Bezuki binder/wrapper, will be smoking today to figure out what I've done. I've decided to invest in some tools to roll beauties like you guys have! Just a kitchen knife and pectin for now.
View attachment 139156
Great photo! Keep them coming.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't learned flagging or capping yet. Everything is by hand, no molds.
Excited to see more as you learn it, I'm in the same spot as an amateur and was really surprised how hard it is to get a cap on. I bet tools help a ton though, hard to cut a circle with a kitchen knife.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see more as you learn it, I'm in the same spot as an amateur and was really surprised how hard it is to get a cap on. I bet tools help a ton though, hard to cut a circle with a kitchen knife.
You can use anything to cut a cap. A pipe fitting, marker cap, small flash light literally anything that’s small and round could be used to cut a cap. Look around the house to see what you have.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use anything to cut a cap. A pipe fitting, marker cap, small flash light literally anything that’s small and round could be used to cut a cap. Look around the house to see what you have.
Cutting the circle isn't the issue. For me, it's still tough to:

Get the wrapper to the perfect consistency; consistently.

Glue properly and have matching color and texture.

The cap doesn't pop off as it dries.

Capping itself takes half a second if the flag is done right. The flag feels like tying shoelaces and I'm 3 years old.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the tip John, embarrassed I didn't think it. Have a metal tube that would work fine.

Tying shoes at 3 is a good analogy. Wrapping your head around what you're doing is the toughest part, it's much easier to tighten the technique up.
And I want someone more experienced to check me when i say this but i think a straight cut is the hardest to cap, most cigars i see have a dome shaped cap. Could that be making it harder on you?