What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I am rolling a series of test coronas in order to narrow down a new blend. This one is about the fifth in the series. Think I'm getting close... we'll know more this afternoon. You are looking at one leaf Nic Esteli viso, one half Honduran viso, two small T-13 viso, bound in Nic wrapper and wrapped in Corojo Oscuro. That's a helluva complex blend for me. I'm trying to make a killer blend which I will call the Wuhan Corona. Using all viso primings for filler cause, you know, every day we get un nueva aviso del virus corona, and sometimes I think I must be having more fun than anyone else if I crack a dumb joke that no one else gets. Once I land on a blend, why, I will knock out four or five dozen and salt them away. They should be ready to knock me back on my heels sometime this summer.

Here's the band:
WuhanFlag.png

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I am rolling a series of test coronas in order to narrow down a new blend. This one is about the fifth in the series. Think I'm getting close... we'll know more this afternoon. You are looking at one leaf Nic Esteli viso, one half Honduran viso, two small T-13 viso, bound in Nic wrapper and wrapped in Corojo Oscuro. That's a helluva complex blend for me. I'm trying to make a killer blend which I will call the Wuhan Corona. Using all viso primings for filler cause, you know, every day we get un nueva aviso del virus corona, and sometimes I think I must be having more fun than anyone else if I crack a dumb joke that no one else gets. Once I land on a blend, why, I will knock out four or five dozen and salt them away. They should be ready to knock me back on my heels sometime this summer.

Here's the band:
View attachment 147520
That'll be interesting. Your wrapper and binder are so dominant that I wonder what the blend would taste like with something milder.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That'll be interesting. Your wrapper and binder are so dominant that I wonder what the blend would taste like with something milder.
Originally wanted the Hondo viso as binder w/ CT shade as wrap. That was damn good. But Hondo leaf is impossibly weak. I mean too physically weak to hold things together. I even tried a Hondo binder leaf I have. Weak. The bunch falling apart.

Then I tried Nic wrapper as binder w/ CT shade wrap. Smoked that day before yesterdaay. One helluva fine gar; tho way more kick than the mellow stuff I usually go for.

Trying this Corojo wrap cause I want a killer blend. May try a Criollo wrap next. Have more of these 2 wraps on the way from WLT.

Reactions: nic
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Originally wanted the Hondo viso as binder w/ CT shade as wrap. That was damn good. But Hondo leaf is impossibly weak. I mean too physically weak to hold things together. I even tried a Hondo binder leaf I have. Weak. The bunch falling apart.

Then I tried Nic wrapper as binder w/ CT shade wrap. Smoked that day before yesterdaay. One helluva fine gar; tho way more kick than the mellow stuff I usually go for.

Trying this Corojo wrap cause I want a killer blend. May try a Criollo wrap next. Have more of these 2 wraps on the way from WLT.
Okay. I've used the Corojo wrap as a binder on a lot of test blends. It works, it burns, I can say that much. But yeah, super dominant.

Reactions: nic
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Okay. I've used the Corojo wrap as a binder on a lot of test blends. It works, it burns, I can say that much. But yeah, super dominant.
The whole business worked out great. I woulda nubbed it 'cept I was called to dinner w/ a couple inches left. The whole thing reminded me of a Torano 1916 Cam. I have to dig deep in my ice chest, cause I haven't smoked a store bought in so long... but I might have one in there to compare.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What I worked on last night.
I used 3 different wrappers. Two sticks per wrapper. Binder and fillers all the same. The little guys are 1/2 leaves.

Wrappers:
Ecuadorian Corojo
Connecticut Broadleaf
Mexican San Andres

Binder:
Pennsylvania Oscuro Broadleaf

Fillers:
Jalapa – Seco – Criollo 98
Jalapa – Ligero – Criollo 98
Esteli – Seco – Criollo 98

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
View attachment 147605

I used 3 different wrappers. Two sticks per wrapper. Binder and fillers all the same. The little guys are 1/2 leaves.

Wrappers:
Ecuadorian Corojo
Connecticut Broadleaf
Mexican San Andres

Binder:
Pennsylvania Oscuro Broadleaf

Fillers:
Jalapa – Seco – Criollo 98
Jalapa – Ligero – Criollo 98
Esteli – Seco – Criollo 98
I don't understand your filler list. For example, the first row, Jalapa – Seco – Criollo 98, what priming is the Jalapa? What priming is the Criollo98? What variety is the seco?

thx

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Wrappers:
Ecuadorian Corojo
Connecticut Broadleaf
Mexican San Andres
Nice sticks. The Connecticut looks quite dark. Maybe it's just the lighting.
Which wrapper is the easiest to work with?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand your filler list. For example, the first row, Jalapa – Seco – Criollo 98, what priming is the Jalapa? What priming is the Criollo98? What variety is the seco?

thx
Each line is one leaf. I used 3 different leaves in the filler. The first one listed is a Criollo 98 grown in Jalapa and it’s a Seco. Does that make sense or maybe I’m not understanding your question? Leaves came from leafonly.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sticks. The Connecticut looks quite dark. Maybe it's just the lighting.
Which wrapper is the easiest to work with?
That one Connecticut Broadleaf was darker than the rest. Last full leaf I had.
I like the broadleaf because it’s so tough. The veins are big so they don’t look as pretty. I tried to roll pin to flatten them. When I rolled them I rocked the bunch over the vein to try and push them into the bunch. Need to keep at it. Each time they get a little better and I am faster.
I had the leaves laid out early in the day in a humidified room to bring up the case, about 8 hours. Humidity and temp around 75 average. Space heater and room humidifier isn’t precise. It took me about 4 hours to bunch wrap and clean up. I’d be starving if it was my day job... That was much faster than previous sessions. Each time a little better and faster. I’m not really concerned about the time. I get going and everything just disappears. Just me and the leaf together. It’s beautiful.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Each line is one leaf. I used 3 different leaves in the filler. The first one listed is a Criollo 98 grown in Jalapa and it’s a Seco. Does that make sense or maybe I’m not understanding your question? Leaves came from leafonly.com.

Oh yes, I get it now. Thanks.