What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A pair of test quickies this morning:

5" coronas.

2 smallish T-13 viso
1/2 Pelo de Oro ligero (I rarely ever use ligero)
1/2 Olor seco
1/2 Piloto viso
bound in Ecuadorian Bronceado wrapper
wrapped in Corojo Oscuro

Will prolly test this tonight or tomorrow.

The prop department keeps photo bombing my gar pics with that Deejo knife. I suspect the prop dept may be in love with the damn thing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A pair of test quickies this morning:

View attachment 159730

5" coronas.

2 smallish T-13 viso
1/2 Pelo de Oro ligero (I rarely ever use ligero)
1/2 Olor seco
1/2 Piloto viso
bound in Ecuadorian Bronceado wrapper
wrapped in Corojo Oscuro

Will prolly test this tonight or tomorrow.

The prop department keeps photo bombing my gar pics with that Deejo knife. I suspect the prop dept may be in love with the damn thing.

Those two wrapper leaves can be stronger in their strength impression than many ligeros.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Those two wrapper leaves can be stronger in their strength impression than many ligeros.

It's not strength which offends my tongue so much as an acridness which I can't get past.
Which acrid quality might well mellow with age... but which I find ugly at test time.

After testing this blend yesterday, I will repeat the test without the ligero and compare.
Otherwise, it's good.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Another pair of test quickies this morning:

3 T-13, 1/2 piloto, 1/2 olor, bound in old WLT stuff simply labeled "Dominican Binder", wrapped in bronceado.

ROTT. The wrapper got too damp... got all involved last night & didn't get round to wrapping until this morning. So waiting to see how much of the yellow cast in that bronceado returns. Could not stand to hide that wonderful bronzed color beneath the corojo oscuro. We'll see how it works out. I suspect I may reduce the T-13 to two leaves and increase the piloto to a whole leaf.

These coronas are such a snap to roll. I may have to return to figurados just to have a challenge.
I mean, even the quickies:

Or else, I'll have to dedicate myself to mastering the head as skillfully as Bliss... which is not apt to happen, as I haven't enough years left in me, not to speak of talent. This bronceado gets flexible enough to do a fine plumpfecto.

nota bene: I talked the prop department out of including their fave Deejo by telling them the pic would become too cluttered. Dunno how long I can hold them off. Looks like a baccy crumb snuck into the upper margin of this pic.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another pair of test quickies this morning:
View attachment 159840

3 T-13, 1/2 piloto, 1/2 olor, bound in old WLT stuff simply labeled "Dominican Binder", wrapped in bronceado.

ROTT. The wrapper got too damp... got all involved last night & didn't get round to wrapping until this morning. So waiting to see how much of the yellow cast in that bronceado returns. Could not stand to hide that wonderful bronzed color beneath the corojo oscuro. We'll see how it works out. I suspect I may reduce the T-13 to two leaves and increase the piloto to a whole leaf.

These coronas are such a snap to roll. I may have to return to figurados just to have a challenge.
I mean, even the quickies:

View attachment 159841

Or else, I'll have to dedicate myself to mastering the head as skillfully as Bliss... which is not apt to happen, as I haven't enough years left in me, not to speak of talent. This bronceado gets flexible enough to do a fine plumpfecto.

nota bene: I talked the prop department out of including their fave Deejo by telling them the pic would become too cluttered. Dunno how long I can hold them off. Looks like a baccy crumb snuck into the upper margin of this pic.
I know what you mean. I've been rolling the random figurado too. Not precisely because parejos are easy but more because I was interested in going back to the topography of the wrapper cut question. Now that I've got that (somewhat more) sorted out, I'm back on parejos for a spell.

I agree on your prop discussion.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For wrapper color comparo:

Bronceado above, corojo oscuro below. The broncreado continues to reveal a yellow cast as it sets. We'll see how yellow can it get.

Overcame the crunkley outer margin of the bronceado by over-conditioning. Left it in the conditioning chamber a day & a half. Made it damp, limp, and very stretchy. Now it's taking a while to dry out. Dries down tight.

Tastes good.