What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Blend testing.

Hooligan's Marshmallow blend, there will be many more rolled.
Yeehaw!! Do you get the marshmallow flavors in that vitola? I just rolled a bunch with Jorge's ligero but haven't had a chance to see how it compares to the WLT leaf flavor-wise. And to think that was the first blend of my own that I rolled... Still seems to be the crowd favorite.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Yeehaw!! Do you get the marshmallow flavors in that vitola? I just rolled a bunch with Jorge's ligero but haven't had a chance to see how it compares to the WLT leaf flavor-wise. And to think that was the first blend of my own that I rolled... Still seems to be the crowd favorite.
Marshmallow blend is yummy. That is all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a neat tool I have come up with for rolling without a mold. It is made from a plastic duo tang from the dollarama. For 2 bucks there is enough plastic to make several of these.Then a handful of clamps.The plastic is very stiff and must be heated in boiling water and clamped around a round tube until it cools. Because it overlaps itself it only leaves one small seem that is easy to press by turning the stick and reclamping with less pressure. One size can work for several ring gauges and the sticks can be draw tested before wrapping.If I am not happy with the draw they can go back in and be pressed tighter.

Here are a few i've done.The wrappers are a bit veiny but the stick themselves are very firm and round. (sorry for the dam double pics again,wish I knew how to correct this)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Rolled this on 3/26. Couldn't wait to see how Jorge's Domincan ligero stacked up against WLT and if the blend would still have the toasted marshmallow flavor. It's a win all across the board and hot damn does that ligero have some kick. 1/2 leaf per stick is almost too much. I sure hope I didn't roll anything with a whole ligero leaf in it. I will have to check. If so, that's gonna sit and rest for a good long time. It tastes so good though...
Image1459917745.664073.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rolled this on 3/26. Couldn't wait to see how Jorge's Domincan ligero stacked up against WLT and if the blend would still have the toasted marshmallow flavor. It's a win all across the board and hot damn does that ligero have some kick. 1/2 leaf per stick is almost too much. I sure hope I didn't roll anything with a whole ligero leaf in it. I will have to check. If so, that's gonna sit and rest for a good long time. It tastes so good though...
View attachment 79748
I told you that was some serious ligero. :woot:Despite its strength it is my favorite of the ligeros so far on a flavor basis. Just have to max out at .5 leaf and adjust the blend from there. IMHO.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got a bunch of wrapper leaf in today from LO. The San Andres this time is as dark as I was hoping for originally, it's thicker and more pliable, and the veins are more uniform. Will have to order more soon in hopes to get more of this same batch
View attachment 79749
That's cool. Nice to see the current batch is more like their stuff of a year ago. I actually don't mind the flavor of the more recent, lighter, stuff; but I was more keen on last year's dark batch.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I told you that was some serious ligero. :woot:Despite its strength it is my favorite of the ligeros so far on a flavor basis. Just have to max out at .5 leaf and adjust the blend from there. IMHO.
That is no joke. I love a good asskicker and this delivers in spades. Flavor-wise, it is outstanding stuff. As the budget frees up I plan to get some of all of his primings. I love working with his binder, but it is thick and heavy so it doesn't last near as long as the Dominican binder I have been using. As I start to test the blends with his binder I will decide if I will continue to use it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is no joke. I love a good asskicker and this delivers in spades. Flavor-wise, it is outstanding stuff. As the budget frees up I plan to get some of all of his primings. I love working with his binder, but it is thick and heavy so it doesn't last near as long as the Dominican binder I have been using. As I start to test the blends with his binder I will decide if I will continue to use it.
There are actually two kinds of leaf in his binder batches so far. The first batch I got was entirely massive and paper-thin (yet strong). It was light in color. The second batch was a mixture of that light thin huge stuff and stuff that is more like the WLT/LO Dom binder. I can't say yet how their flavors differ since I don't always know which one I'm smoking. Just a heads-up. I much prefer the light huge stuff. In either case I believe they are more fermented than the WLT/LO Dom ones, because they don't start going crazy with ammonia if you wet them and leave them in a bag overnight. (Although now I don't do anything to case them at all, I just use them as is, something much easier with the thin-light ones).