What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow! Now that is a band I would love to get to see fully. That is really something Bliss.
Thanks. Fortuitous coincidence: I happened to have uploaded a few seconds of video of these sticks. The one I roll around for a full view was trimmed a tad poorly; I hadn't decided yet whether to keep some of the cream outline. I realized after that one that I should not, and the other two don't have it. Oh well.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is really nice man. So sweet! were did you get the shield and stuff. From scratch or a template? thanks
Thanks again. Found an image of the label on an auction site. Downloaded it. Matched the font and colors and erased the ZULUETA 48 y 50, HABANA, CALIXTO LOPEZ Y Ca and HABANA parts and put in my own text in Photoshop. Scaled the label to 3 inches at 200 dpi (this did not require any upsampling as the original screen image was much larger than 3 inches) and got it printed at Bill's Copy Shop, 24 to a page, 75 cents for the page.
Incidentally, I f'd with ornate "B" images in the center but in the end stuck with the original shield.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I completely agree. The veins could use a little more pressure, but the leaf isn't curling, and looks well cut. Nice work.
Having issues tearing? They look good to me!
Tearing issues, no. It's the veins. I rolled them on my board quite a bit but I couldn't roll them into the cigar. It was like there wasn't anywhere for them to go. The Ecuadorian Ligero wrapper is thicker. With a few passes the veins almost disappear.
Still smells wonderful. I hope it smokes just as well as the Ligero. And right now I'm more concerned about how they smoke.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Tearing issues, no. It's the veins. I rolled them on my board quite a bit but I couldn't roll them into the cigar. It was like there wasn't anywhere for them to go. The Ecuadorian Ligero wrapper is thicker. With a few passes the veins almost disappear.
Still smells wonderful. I hope it smokes just as well as the Ligero. And right now I'm more concerned about how they smoke.
They will smoke just fine. As they dry they tend to flatten some. As you wrap, pull the wrapper as tight as you can without tearing and then roll the bunch back and forth over the veins as you come to them. After you have the stick wrapped, roll back and forth on your rolling surface with your chaveta.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
They will smoke just fine. As they dry they tend to flatten some. As you wrap, pull the wrapper as tight as you can without tearing and then roll the bunch back and forth over the veins as you come to them. After you have the stick wrapped, roll back and forth on your rolling surface with your chaveta.
Yeah. I did that. I think it was just too thin to press in. It was so thin there was only a front to the leaf. No back. ;)