What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, that barberpole turned out way smoother than mine did. The CT shade pulled nice and flat, but I couldn't get the broadleaf as flat with their two different elasticities. Any suggestions?
I thought you'd never ask. okay, I made it hoping you would.. it seems your BR was cased to quickly. It just needs more time to set up. notice the veining struggling to stretch. the CT shade goes on the inside. lay them and, cut the leading edges together. be sure not to have them to wide. maybe a little less on the CT. slide up the CT and, when you applying, you'll need pressures of differing degrees. does this make any sense?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I thought you'd never ask. okay, I made it hoping you would.. it seems your BR was cased to quickly. It just needs more time to set up. notice the veining struggling to stretch. the CT shade goes on the inside. lay them and, cut the leading edges together. be sure not to have them to wide. maybe a little less on the CT. slide up the CT and, when you applying, you'll need pressures of differing degrees. does this make any sense?
It absolutely does. The broadleaf was brought up to case over 24 hours and was already pliable enough to unfold and flatten before spritzing. No matter what I do with that leaf, it has a crazy amount of stretch and may just not be the best candidate for the barber poles. I have some PA broadleaf that doesn't stretch near as much that may be a better option. I guess I will roll a few more and see what happens.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder if it was cased enough. the last minute spritzing thing just doesn't count. something else, have you tried the stretch and stick method w/the BR? and were is Willy?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I wander if it was cased enough. the last minute spritzing thing just doesn't count. something else, have you tried the stretch and stick method w/the BR? and were is Willy?
Oh I spritzed it pretty thorough the evening before. My rolling surface isn't great for the stretch and stick unless it's a thin leaf like the ct shade. Would you suggest trying to bring it to a very high case? Now when I work with it, it will stretch a ton, but when you let go, it shrinks back up

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The thing is, it's a matter of giving the leaf what it needs to get it to work with us. .. figure, we have 2 different case prepping, 2 different stretch tolerances, and, we don't want the strips to be to wide to maximize that stretch. Time can be an issue if it's dry were we work.. The need when applying them, for pressures of differing degrees.. Something that helps me, pre-cut them to keep them from drying.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey now! they laid down right nice. got any tips for me?
It was just following your advice really and finding two leaves that have a similar stretch to make it easier to get a consistent finish. The CBL has almost double the stretch of the CT shade at proper case so they don't make good partners for a barber pole even though I think the flavors will be a little better using CBL. I may use some sort of tubing to help stretch the CBL before using it with the CT shade next time I try.

Speaking of the CT shade, this stuff is incredibly pretty. I have high hopes for it

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Found the perfect box for my Uppowoc Perfectos:

Arturo Fuente "Cuban Coronas". Holds 26 UPs snug -- 2 rows of 9 and one row of 8. Scored 2 of these boxes from the cigar store's stack of empties. Looking for more.

In honor of my new-to-me Moto Guzzi Jackal I stashed a box of UP Jackals. Here's the band:

1 LO Honduran seco, ! LO Honduran viso, Nicaraguan binder, Ecuador habano shade seco wrapper.Test rolls of this blend came out superb. Mellow and flavorful. Hope to have something fine once aged. The morning mouth of this blend is terrific with my customary cafe con leche. I could taste the last night's smoke all day. I also stashed a box of the same with a half leaf criollo, and another with a half leaf ligero; but I think I'll like the plain Honduran best.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Found the perfect box for my Uppowoc Perfectos:

Arturo Fuente "Cuban Coronas". Holds 26 UPs snug -- 2 rows of 9 and one row of 8. Scored 2 of these boxes from the cigar store's stack of empties. Looking for more.

In honor of my new-to-me Moto Guzzi Jackal I stashed a box of UP Jackals. Here's the band:

1 LO Honduran seco, ! LO Honduran viso, Nicaraguan binder, Ecuador habano shade seco wrapper.Test rolls of this blend came out superb. Mellow and flavorful. Hope to have something fine once aged. The morning mouth of this blend is terrific with my customary cafe con leche. I could taste the last night's smoke all day. I also stashed a box of the same with a half leaf criollo, and another with a half leaf ligero; but I think I'll like the plain Honduran best.
Am I the only one here dying to see the Guzzi??

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That looks like a real fun torque monster!! I want a bike so bad, but the wife isn't keen on it. Together we have 5 kids and people here in the desert can't be bothered to watch out for people on bikes. Too many people killed on bikes out here.
Shame on you. What kind of lesson are you teaching your children?

Term life and a cheap bike. That's what I say.