What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, hell, these molded parejos are a snap.

I never rolled one with a mold before. Always freehand. You guys been cheating all along, making these with a mold. I don't know whether to be happy it was so easy or pissed it was too easy.

Now I'm gonna step out and burn test this baby.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cutters from Cuban Crafters cut off only about an eighth of an inch. Always straight. Guaranteed for life and go for ~$10-$20 depending on whether you buy resin or steel. I'd love a tuck cutter but for cheap I get a perfect top & bottom cut every time. They are foolproof.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well i don't have a wheel tonight.... but i did get back into rolling these little torpedoes!

And trying to wrap perfectos, the foot is hard....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
For perfectos, I had the best results when I cut the wrapper like this:
Image1460519232.848834.jpg
The skinny part works kinda like a flag over the foot without having to cut a separate flag and wrap the foot with. I also use a little dab of glue on the wrapper that goes over the foot so it holds on tight.

Wrapped up ten sticks with Willy tonight and he sent me home with half
Image1460519296.902508.jpg
He will be making at least 150 bunches which he calls "bodies" tomorrow for an event in Vegas this weekend and wants me to come over Thursday to help him wrap them. He sent me home with a little CT shade wrapper to play with on my blends some more and said he will be giving me several pounds of tobacco when his new order comes in. I'm ok with this arrangement.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I cut my wrapper this shape:

Then I roll my foot with the taper flat to the board, but the body tilted up from the board, like so:

You can see the fecto starts out about sixty degrees to the veins. But as you roll the taper, the bunch yaws round, cause of the taper. As it yaws, the wrapper climbs up the taper. Until, about the time you climb up to the barrel, it's parallel with the veins. That's when you lay the barrel down flat on the board and away you go. This is how you get the wrapper tight on the tapered foot, without a flag, and without glue. Have never glued the foot; have never used a flag. All in one motion.