What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, their database has had me wondering for a while. I use the criollo ligero a ton and noticed a big change and difference with the CV stuff. If I ordered the CV and got the standard I would be pissed
I will say the labeling on the bags is a bit confusing.

I got several blend kits. Some have CV, others don't. None of the kits were advertised as coming with the CV stuff. I was pleasantly surprised at the bonus. Some are labeld Corojo 98 and Criollo 99 (Seco and viso) other just say Nicaraguan Seco and viso. It's the same with the Dominican and Honduran stuff too. I'm just keeping my logs separate and not mixing the bags and assuming they are different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

I got several blend kits. Some have CV, others don't. None of the kits were advertised as coming with the CV stuff. I was pleasantly surprised at the bonus. Some are labeld Corojo 98 and Criollo 99 (Seco and viso) other just say Nicaraguan Seco and viso. It's the same with the Dominican and Honduran stuff too. I'm just keeping my logs separate and not mixing the bags and assuming they are different.

The regular criollo is a darker red, the CV is a lighter almost dirt/rust color and it has a definite different smell to it. Come to think of it, the CV corojo is a lighter color too

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The regular criollo is a darker red, the CV is a lighter almost dirt/rust color and it has a definite different smell to it. Come to think of it, the CV corojo is a lighter color too
Thanks for that. This group has been such a huge help in this new endeavor. Y'all seriously inspire me with this. (my wife isn't too happy haha)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Which kit has the Nicaraguan seco? I can't remember that nor find it on the kit lists. But they change that stuff up sometimes. Sorry to hear about the misses. Mine's stoked: I save thousands a year and it gets me off the computer so she can play Mah Jongg and stuff...

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The Sumatra binder trial smoke. It tastes pretty damn good. The draw is a little tight. It's definitely firmer in feel than the others I've rolled. It's still a bit moist though. I'm assuming that's not helping with the draw being tight.

I'll give the other one proper rest time. Same thing with the Dominican binder sticks I rolled.

Here goes to the long wait.

Is that molded?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which kit has the Nicaraguan seco? I can't remember that nor find it on the kit lists. But they change that stuff up sometimes. Sorry to hear about the misses. Mine's stoked: I save thousands a year and it gets me off the computer so she can play Mah Jongg and stuff...
I was mistaken. All of my Seco is Dominican or labeled as Corojo.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I scrolled up just after I posted, so dumb. Either way that's quite the progress in a week.

I rolled my first 4 this weekend.

Stupid Tapatalk
They look a hell of a lot better than my first tries. Nice job man.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
They look a hell of a lot better than my first tries. Nice job man.

Thanks. Took way longer than I expected. Are you cutting thicker veins by stem out of binder leaf or using whole side of the leaf?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. Took way longer than I expected. Are you cutting thicker veins by stem out of binder leaf or using whole side of the leaf?

Stupid Tapatalk
I'm using the whole side. If any veins are too thick I roll them flat with an empty Bourbon bottle.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You only need a strip about 2" wide of wrapper, that will help with wrapper with thick veins too and will also help to stretch it flat and smooth.
With the Wrapper that's what I do. The maduro I just used has some thick veins even after cutting the wapper down. I rolled them just a touch. I didn't want to risk a blowout.

I did realize that my binder and wrapper were WAY over hydrated. I prepped them last night when I got home and they sat for about 12 hours in a bag that was misted. Next time they won't be so cased.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
With the Wrapper that's what I do. The maduro I just used has some thick veins even after cutting the wapper down. I rolled them just a touch. I didn't want to risk a blowout.

I did realize that my binder and wrapper were WAY over hydrated. I prepped them last night when I got home and they sat for about 12 hours in a bag that was misted. Next time they won't be so cased.

If they feel moist, that's bad.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two with San Andres wrapper and two with Nic wrapper. I've still got to cut them to size and my cap cutter is a tad bit small for this size cigar. My flags could use some work. Overall for my first 4 cigars, I'm very happy with how they look. Now is the hard part, not smoking them before they are ready. I think 6 weeks will be a good start.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Two with San Andres wrapper and two with Nic wrapper. I've still got to cut them to size and my cap cutter is a tad bit small for this size cigar. My flags could use some work. Overall for my first 4 cigars, I'm very happy with how they look. Now is the hard part, not smoking them before they are ready. I think 6 weeks will be a good start.
Your cap cutter isn't too small, just stick with it. The cap should actually be smaller around than the diameter of the cigar, it looks cleaner. Here is one I just rolled. The different colors of the barber pole really help illustrate what I am saying