What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful smokes, still trying to figure out how to get my wrappers shiny like yours. Is it with the wrapper leaves itself or how you work the leaves before rolling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll chime in here, since he's answered this question a few times. It's the flash photography in an otherwise dark space, which creates a specular highlight, which is what makes something "shine."

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful smokes, still trying to figure out how to get my wrappers shiny like yours. Is it with the wrapper leaves itself or how you work the leaves before rolling?

Aside from the flash photography, some leaf has more oils. The stretch brings out the oil so, prepping to get the stretch is the key. Give the time needed for the leaf to fully hydrate in it. The thicker the leaf the more time needed. I like to use a tub so there's extra space. There are box inserts and, scrap leaf in there. I lightly spray the leaf, shake of the access and, keep the inside of the lid misted. Revisit till you can take your finger and, press it to the back side up to the front to show the oil come up. Save the final stretching for when applying to the doll (bunch). it has a memory to it's stretch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from the flash photography, some leaf has more oils. The stretch brings out the oil so, prepping to get the stretch is the key. Give the time needed for the leaf to fully hydrate in it. The thicker the leaf the more time needed. I like to use a tub so there's extra space. There are box inserts and, scrap leaf in there. I lightly spray the leaf, shake of the access and, keep the inside of the lid misted. Revisit till you can take your finger and, press it to the back side up to the front to show the oil come up. Save the final stretching for when applying to the doll (bunch). it has a memory to it's stretch.
I like this idea a lot, with the box. I have a small tub/tote that has a seal so it will keep the moisture. I'm gonna try this as soon as I get home. Throw some humidity bead packs I made and spray the lid.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has worked great. My new casing box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing Marc, ended up making a conditioning tub from an old Coleman cooler and wow, what a difference now working with leaves. I has some CT shade 2006 that I had just about given up working with and voila after 2 days in the conditioning tub, can finally stretch them without ripping half of them.

This now brings a new question since I never worked with a CT wrapper, what type of binder works best with a CT wrapper?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for sharing Marc, ended up making a conditioning tub from an old Coleman cooler and wow, what a difference now working with leaves. I has some CT shade 2006 that I had just about given up working with and voila after 2 days in the conditioning tub, can finally stretch them without ripping half of them.

This now brings a new question since I never worked with a CT wrapper, what type of binder works best with a CT wrapper?

Sweet! shade leaf can stain. Shaking off the access water and using moist open space (the tub) will help.
What binder? Now your talking about preference. Some things don't go together so much but, Get in there and, don't be shy about using some decent filler leaves, two separate types or, partial leaves on the in side binder.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Two blends both simple
Colombian and Cuban Piloto Seco 1:1
Ecuadorian Seco Binder
Ecuadorian Seco Ligero Wrapper

Colombian Seco
Cubano Piloto Seco
Criollo 98 Viso

.5 / 1 / 1

Same Binder/Wrapper

First blend is about a week and a half down, second blend was wrapped last night.

I'm having a bit of issue with my capping due to the thickness of the wrapper, there just so much extra so I need to work on trimming it up so my pigtail fits better.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Two blends both simple
Colombian and Cuban Piloto Seco 1:1
Ecuadorian Seco Binder
Ecuadorian Seco Ligero Wrapper

Colombian Seco
Cubano Piloto Seco
Criollo 98 Viso

.5 / 1 / 1

Same Binder/Wrapper

First blend is about a week and a half down, second blend was wrapped last night.

I'm having a bit of issue with my capping due to the thickness of the wrapper, there just so much extra so I need to work on trimming it up so my pigtail fits better.
Do the first blend in CT...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk