What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Totally cheated here, got a 5er of EZ Raw, which is a retail bunch, pre wrapper... easy way to scratch the rolling itch without the outright aggrevation I get from bunching and molding. Threw a Honduran seco shade wrap on whatever they sent me. The Belicoso smelled heavily Nicaraguan.

Nice photo!

I find it hard to believe that there is someone selling cigars with just the binder applied and then supplying the wrapper leaf for a DIY cigar. Am I understanding that correct?

Also, I'm surprised we haven't seen more activity on this site lately, considering most of us a stuck at home.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@Bruce T. , Partially right, I supplied the wrapper, EZ caters to the hipster type, and markets their unwrapped cigars as "the ultimate" experience. I view them as a way to skip the part of rolling that I hate!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, how do you finish the stems? Are they just tied in the back? I'm going to try to replicate a flying pig. We'll see how it goes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice, how do you finish the stems? Are they just tied in the back? I'm going to try to replicate a flying pig. We'll see how it goes.
They're not stems. They're leaf rolled up, just like a pigtail on a cigar. I just take some wrapper leaf and put some pectin (glue) on it and roll it really tight. Just roll it with the palm of your hand on the table like you would roll kid's Plasticine into a skinny string. You should roll it parallel to the veins just like you roll the wrapper onto a cigar so that the veins are lengthwise on the string. You can make skinny ones or fat ones. You can use them for all sorts of creative purposes. Lots of glue to keep them together or to stick them to your cigar.
I'm not good at rolling but I find rolling "standard" shapes to be a bit boring. Rolling is fun to me so I try to be creative.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Marc L do you use a mold for those or freehand?
I use a mold 4 X 60. >> https://www.botl.org/threads/pics-of-your-sticks.86118/page-270#post-2151787

I have some more pix if you like.

I did make these without a mold before I had one though. you can do this.

..there are these 5 X 58s for sale though. $129.00 + >>

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Way too much time on my hands. I made myself a mold for a box-pressed torpedo (my favorite shape). I've made box-pressed without a mold in the past but I could never get a torpedo shape freehand. I tried the mold out and then got carried away with an attempt at some cigar art. Three are torpedo and one is a standard pigtail.

IMG_HDR.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Nate Esq .. the width across my palm is almost four inches. I have a 7 inch bamboo skewer marked at 4, 5, and 6 inches I'll use to get started. It will stay in the center as I bunch, the bottom even to the bottom of my palm to use as a tearing point.
I'll bunch from the center with stronger leaf first. Even at the top of the palm, overhang at the bottom, tearing the access and moving it up in. Then, rotating the bunch as I add lighter leaves as i keep rotating. Foot is at the top, head at the bottom. I'll say total leaves in bunch are two and a half or so.
The binder has already been set on the board at an angle. It has been cut at an angle and doubled because the bunch four inches short. There is close to no scrap.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marc! I have a couple under paper, lost track of the head and foot, but whatever. They are about the size I'm looking for, maybe 1/2 leaf too thin.