What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The lancero is my current infatuation. Can't stop thinking about them, smoking them and buying them so I got a mold and tried my skill. I rolled a few underpacked so I thought I'd try out something I've never bought, handled or smoked - the culebra! So fun, I love it! These were bout 1\2 a leaf shy.

Corojo wrapper with T-13 viso and Nic Habano viso.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had not rolled a single solitary gar in two weeks!
Took a break from smoking them, as well.
When I left off, I was searching for the next obsession to roll a big batch of. Batch-worthies were proving elusive.
Today, I'm going to test these two:

Both robustos share a single Honduran viso core, surrounded by three or four small & thin Pelo de Oro visos and a pair of T-13 visos, with a Dom binder. But where the upper robusto is wrapped in FX CT, the lower one is wrapped in old WLT corojo.

The corojo is not suited to wrapping a robusto. Most are too scanty and slim to provide a flag from the same half-leaf as the wrap, and much of that half-leaf is crunkled. Better suited to wrap a corona. I believe my next experiment will be to bind that same filler with the corojo wrapper, then wrap in FX CT. That way, I can capture some of the corojo flavor inside a smoother wrap.

Sposed to warm into the sixties this afternoon. I'll be on the smoking porch, burning these, looking for the next stash-worthies. Wish me luck.