What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bliss, I watched a 2016 vid of you capping a torpedo. Did you use roughly the same technique for the cigar you just posted or do you have an update I haven't found yet?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bliss, I watched a 2016 vid of you capping a torpedo. Did you use roughly the same technique for the cigar you just posted or do you have an update I haven't found yet?
My technique has changed, and I haven't made a video about that yet. I do more of a traditional single cap now, which requires quite a lot of technique and practice and several cuts to get the head to close properly. I will get around to a video someday.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
55X5.5

from the center. ASP/Black/Peru ligeros and Peru seco fillers. CV Pa seco and CV Pa binders.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I suppose that, because this series is based on a Blissblend, I eventually stumbled, completely by accident, upon a hemispherical head similar to those which he fabricates regularly. But then, because I ain't him, I inadvertently folded back a bit of flag like a suit coat lapel:

All in all, I long for the eyes of my youth, when I was able to make what I envisioned. Can't even properly edge a tool these days, cause I can't see the flat on the edge.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I suppose that, because this series is based on a Blissblend, I eventually stumbled, completely by accident, upon a hemispherical head similar to those which he fabricates regularly. But then, because I ain't him, I inadvertently folded back a bit of flag like a suit coat lapel:

View attachment 157140

All in all, I long for the eyes of my youth, when I was able to make what I envisioned. Can't even properly edge a tool these days, cause I can't see the flat on the edge.
I won't lie, a hemispheric cigar head does give me a certain feeling.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here's one I rolled while on Christmas vacation...20210117_114706.jpg20210117_114753.jpg
Its core is corojo seco, viso , ligero, bound in Nic habano seco. Wrapped it with a criollo wrapper.
After getting past the part that wasn't pressed, the flavors came together nicely. Before that there was just pepper...
This cigar is really much bigger than anything I normally smoke...and its only 46x6.5ish...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's one I rolled while on Christmas vacation...View attachment 157317View attachment 157318
Its core is corojo seco, viso , ligero, bound in Nic habano seco. Wrapped it with a criollo wrapper.
After getting past the part that wasn't pressed, the flavors came together nicely. Before that there was just pepper...
This cigar is really much bigger than anything I normally smoke...and its only 46x6.5ish...
That's pretty big.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four coronas rolled in celebration of the Browns making the divisional playoff.
Used a flat pick as a template for the band label.
Kitchen sink filler, candela and San Andreas wrappers.
Switched from pectin to Acacia senegal sap (aka gum arabic) for glue. Beats the pectin for flow and stickiness, but leaves a gloss on the wrapper and my caps still suck anyway. Guess there is no glue that covers up the need for more practice.

Nice cigar Jim D and I'm super impressed with how clean the you keep the floor of your wood shop.