What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Binder swap from previous
Binder: WLT Vuelta

I will say, the overall flavors and enjoyment are better with this one
I smoked this one and I thought it was good. Had real burn issues, though, probably a combo of the stick's humidity (72RH at the foot) and the local RH, plus maybe the flammability of the leaf itself, I don't know. So I didn't get it to the halfway mark. I wanted to roll one up myself and try again, but it turns out I was plumb out of the Jalapa. Either that or I just couldn't find where I'd stashed it. Anyway, what I was able to smoke of it, I was pretty impressed by. That is the darkest USA CT Shade I've ever seen. Nice job.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoked this one and I thought it was good. Had real burn issues, though, probably a combo of the stick's humidity (72RH at the foot) and the local RH, plus maybe the flammability of the leaf itself, I don't know. So I didn't get it to the halfway mark. I wanted to roll one up myself and try again, but it turns out I was plumb out of the Jalapa. Either that or I just couldn't find where I'd stashed it. Anyway, what I was able to smoke of it, I was pretty impressed by. That is the darkest USA CT Shade I've ever seen. Nice job.

The two I smoked had some burn issues as well. The 2x secos I believe helped them burn pretty quickly as well. I’d definitely take the WLT Vuelta Abajo binder over the LO Nicaraguan. If you need some Jalapa leaf, I can send some your way if you need some brother. Also, I’ve been noticing in the WLT USA CT 2006 wrapper that they don’t have that lighter color like a typical “Connecticut”. Great aroma from the wrapper leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up this baby yesterday! [mention]webmost [/mention] I watched your video on (Cooler) casing chamber. Tub of water on the bottom and 3 metal cooling racks. I spritzed the inside walls and the top inside cover last night. Today… perfection! About to dive into some LO Cameroon binder and some WLT Rene Seco, Viso, Ligero

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The two I smoked had some burn issues as well. The 2x secos I believe helped them burn pretty quickly as well. I’d definitely take the WLT Vuelta Abajo binder over the LO Nicaraguan. If you need some Jalapa leaf, I can send some your way if you need some brother. Also, I’ve been noticing in the WLT USA CT 2006 wrapper that they don’t have that lighter color like a typical “Connecticut”. Great aroma from the wrapper leaf.
Thanks, but I'm sure I have some stashed somewhere. And honestly I'm pretty content using just my Piloto in my own rolls for now. I was just curious what your blend would have been like with different burn characteristics.

Since I do believe that 90+% of a cigar's flavor comes from the wrapper, I'd say the key to your blend there is that CT wrapper. The other 10% coming from the binder :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dinner prior: Bourbon Chicken w/spinach & steak fries.

Drink: Larceny w/ 3 cubes

(1/18/2021) W: WLT Habano 2000
B: WLT CV PA
F: 1 1/2x WLT CV Dom. Seco
2x WLT Corojo Viso
1 1/2x LO Criollo ‘98 Ligero

Good burn and flavors all the way through. I’m staring this one to roll more up of to set aside.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolled/ molded up about 75 last week. Some are part of a 40 stick test blend. 10x different sticks with 1 additional Ligero variance with 4 different wrappers. The rest from the week were a blend called R.O’B.

Separate posts, since I don’t have tapawakatalka, vip, super special membership:

75 rolled/molded: