What's new

Pipe newb "ah-ha!" moments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your gonna smoke corn cobs do yourself a favor... Go ahead and man up for the forever stem!! Then you won't feel like your smoking from a toy pipe!! Jmho!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If your gonna smoke corn cobs do yourself a favor... Go ahead and man up for the forever stem!! Then you won't feel like your smoking from a toy pipe!! Jmho!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
you, sir, speak truth! walker briar works set me up with mine, great people.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Finally getting the hang of pacing myself with VAs. Drying them to a crisp and packing them in smaller-diameter bowls seems to help. Not only is the frequency of tongue bite decreasing but my mouth feels less dry the next day too.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
If you like to use matches to light your pipe (or cigars)..., try Swan Vestas, they are very long and provide enough burn time to get the job done.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Another epiphany: if you are smoking too fast or hot then you subconsciously want a cigar. Drop the pipe and grab a stogie! I switch between the two often, but this was key for me to learning WHEN to do so whether I thought about it or not.

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had the tastiest and slowest burning bowl of my pipe smoking career. unfortunately it was quickly followed by another new experience, the fabled pipe juice. christ that was bad. gave my cob a thorough cleaning to avoid that for next time