What's new

Pokemon Go

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Same problem here. I have a fire house across the street and it's apparently a poke-stop as well. Small quiet towns around here so it's not usually busy but I think I know why they have a big ass flood light in the parking lot. They knew what was coming.
2 of our local parks had to be shut down by the police because the crowds of people who swarmed there for pokemon.

Heard rumors people jumped into the lakes as well to try to catch these damn things.

...And for the record, I refuse to play this game on my cell phone. Only time I've played was on my original game boy, game boy color or the actual cards back in the day.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
2 of our local parks had to be shut down by the police because the crowds of people who swarmed there for pokemon.

Heard rumors people jumped into the lakes as well to try to catch these damn things.

...And for the record, I refuse to play this game on my cell phone. Only time I've played was on my original game boy, game boy color or the actual cards back in the day.
2 reasons I don't play:
1. Don't and will never have a smartphone
2. I caught all 151 pokemon in the original blue version in 8th grade. I know I'm a pokemon master. I need no further validation.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
2 reasons I don't play:
1. Don't and will never have a smartphone
2. I caught all 151 pokemon in the original blue version in 8th grade. I know I'm a pokemon master. I need no further validation.
Not many flip phones around anymore. Eventually everything will be smart phone. I looked when I went to Verizon 2 weeks ago and they had 2 flip phones on display. Everything else was android and iphone.

I never got to catch 'em all, so I envy you! LOL.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not many flip phones around anymore. Eventually everything will be smart phone. I looked when I went to Verizon 2 weeks ago and they had 2 flip phones on display. Everything else was android and iphone.

I never got to catch 'em all, so I envy you! LOL.
I don't use verizon because they dont use sim cards anymore, but with tmobile i can buy any unlocked non smart phone on amazon. Theres hundreds of different kinds, I prefer candy bar phones. Gotta have FM radio and a flashlight.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Wait till I show you what these ding dongs do, there must be HUNDREDS of them at 1 am playing. Plus they walk in the middle of the street like its nothing lol. GTFOTW ! It's like a damn concert you would think every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Sadly, I saw somewhere posted that a family walked off a cliff somewhere and died....trying to catch pokemon.
I heard that too, but it was just a hoax.

Also, I really don't understand all the hate on this game. Older generations have been complaining for years about how the younger generations just sit at home not being active. So a game finally comes around that encourages you to be active, and everybody says it's stupid.

Why don't you all just pick an argument, and stick to it?

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I heard that too, but it was just a hoax.

Also, I really don't understand all the hate on this game. Older generations have been complaining for years about how the younger generations just sit at home not being active. So a game finally comes around that encourages you to be active, and everybody says it's stupid.

Why don't you all just pick an argument, and stick to it?
Old people love to complain about stuff bro. It was their form of video games back in the day. They would get together and complain about stuff.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Darwin ftw. We've been getting calls all week at work too about idiots playing this game wandering in traffic, trespassing etc.
I work for dispatch also... Apparently one of the cemeteries in a not so great neighborhood is a hot zone. we get calls about people trespassing all the time

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'm actually downloading it later today. To go on a walk with the dogs. See how it is. A lot of my friends and I grew up playing the Pokemon games on gb. And they have been playing go so figure why not give it a shot. I don't live in a big city. And I havent seen any thing like you cranky old men are talking about.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There's actually a part of the game that if you run, something happens faster than if you just sit around and do nothing. I don't know what, because I personally don't play, but I know it's there.

Also, it's bringing kids who might not otherwise meet, together with a common interest. http://www.today.com/parents/how-pokemon-go-sparked-miracle-transformation-boy-autism-t100928
My problem with Pokemon GO is that it has effectively turned walking and getting outside into a fad.
How long do you honestly think polemon go will be popular? Another month? 6 more months? You can't honestly say you think it has staying power, nothing does anymore.
So once this fad that gets people up and walking around wears off, what will get people outside and exercising? Will there be another game just like it, or will that concept go out of style completely?
What Pokemon GO is doing is giving people who would normally not exercise an excuse to get outside and do something good for themselves. My question is, why do you need an excuse to take care of yourself?
GO is great for what it is doing right now, but I'm not very optimistic that there will be as many people enjoying the outdoors after the craze dies down.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll say that while yes, Pokemon Go IS getting people that normally don't walk or get enough moving done in a day, it is also leading to problems. Looking above my soon to be post, jj has it right. It's good for people to get out and walk around. It's not good for people to trespass or otherwise put themselves in harms way for a digital item. All this aside, I still wait for VR headsets to be incorporated into the real world. We think it's bad now with people distracted on their phones while walking. I can't wait to see darwinism at its best when that comes around.