What's new

Post your shave of the day here

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
@The Munt if that's soap dribble some hot water directly on it while you brush your teeth or whatever. Take hot, well-soaked brush and load it directly on the soap- lather on face or in lather bowl.
So do you mean pour hot water straight into the container with the soap? Or put a little bit into a bowl then pour hot water into it and give it a bit to rest? I'll check out some youtube vids tonight.

I think it's soap. The container says shave cream but its the consistency of a soft bar of soap.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0

This week's shave:

Vintage Gillette Tech
Astra SP blade
Semogue 610 Pure Boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Skin Bracer

My water is a little hard and I find a little distilled water works great. Mitchell's is becoming my favorite soap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
This week's shaves will be:

That' a Hull Pottery Old Spice mug circa '44-52 and A Gillette President with the Rhodium handle I picked up at a flea market a few years ago for $25. Easily worth 10x that! Shavemac Silver tip with custom handle.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor - Weishi
Blade - Astra
Soap - Myrsol
Brush - Synthetic
A/S - Tea Tree

Tried my first DE safety razor shave today. It was not bad, but not good either: no cuts nor nicks. I wanted to do 2 passes, but required one last ATG pass to clean up a lot of chin and cheek stubble.
Despite the rocky start, it was the smoothest shave I've had in a while.

Think, I'll try it again. Looking forward to using better products eventually.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Big bag of nope. Not a hipster, have had a beard for roughly 2 years now. Keep it long and rugged, not neat and trimmed.

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week's shaves will be:

That' a Hull Pottery Old Spice mug circa '44-52 and A Gillette President with the Rhodium handle I picked up at a flea market a few years ago for $25. Easily worth 10x that! Shavemac Silver tip with custom handle.

I'm still longing for the day I luck up on something like this!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My fiance got me a DE for Christmas, an Edwin Jagger.
LOVE IT.
I use German blades (forget the brand), a Fuller's Earth Clay shaving soap with a small dallop od CO Bigelow, and badger brush.
She started me out on the "beginner" model, which is easier not to get nicks but doesn't shave quite as close I guess. I might have to upgrade soon.
Any reccomendations for something good but not too expensive?