What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I stayed at paradisus in playa del Carmen and ate at the passion restaurant there. Was very good, thankfully our meal was comped for sitting thru a timeshare presentation lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah I don’t think I would ever sit thru a timeshare presentation.

I’ll be at the excellence el Carmen but I was hoping to visit some good food places out in town. Nothing fancy, just nice holes in the wall.

I saw that there’s a cigar factory nearby... but that sounds boring so I rejected the offer to do a free tour.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yeah I don’t think I would ever sit thru a timeshare presentation.

I’ll be at the excellence el Carmen but I was hoping to visit some good food places out in town. Nothing fancy, just nice holes in the wall.

I saw that there’s a cigar factory nearby... but that sounds boring so I rejected the offer to do a free tour.
It wasn't terrible, about 1.5 hours including breakfast he joined us for. Worth the $500 it saved us on dinner and massages

Don Lucas? It was pretty good, gave out some free sticks and drinks. Little shop there with real chocolate, honey, etc was fun to haggle with them.

And I forget if it's on the same grounds or entirely another shop, but a second shop with legit cigar selection and Cubans. I actually did my research on here for spotting fakes and I picked up a Monte 2 to enjoy later that night.

Either way enjoy your trip!

I'm going for a mini vacation to Fort Lauderdale at the end of April, any botl live down there?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It wasn't terrible, about 1.5 hours including breakfast he joined us for. Worth the $500 it saved us on dinner and massages

Don Lucas? It was pretty good, gave out some free sticks and drinks. Little shop there with real chocolate, honey, etc was fun to haggle with them.

And I forget if it's on the same grounds or entirely another shop, but a second shop with legit cigar selection and Cubans. I actually did my research on here for spotting fakes and I picked up a Monte 2 to enjoy later that night.

Either way enjoy your trip!

I'm going for a mini vacation to Fort Lauderdale at the end of April, any botl live down there?

Yeah the cigar shop offers free tours but I don’t think I’d enjoy it.

Plus cigars on vacation are crazy expensive.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
LP Black Label petite lancero 20 box @ CI right now for $57.50.

(I've just gotta hold off until Sunday! Lol)
Do La palina blacks seem like they're soaked in jet fuel to anyone else? The ones I've had have this really strange off smell, and the first I lit was burning a flame off the foot like a candle! :eek:

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Do La palina blacks seem like they're soaked in jet fuel to anyone else? The ones I've had have this really strange off smell, and the first I lit was burning a flame off the foot like a candle! :eek:
So... No black labels for Jeremy... Got it! :playful:

I really like em.. never got the jet fuel note you're talking about.. I'll just blame that on a leak in your shop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So... No black labels for Jeremy... Got it! :playful:

I really like em.. never got the jet fuel note you're talking about.. I'll just blame that on a leak in your shop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, I hadn't said anything before, cause I didn't want to ruin them for others who liked them. But something ain't right about those things..
I'll take a video if the next one burns a flame like that.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Hmm, I don't know. I spent 15 years around jet fuel daily, and don't recall the same smell around these, or any cigars for that matter lol. Maybe you got a couple bad ones. Were you storing your Acids with them? :LOL:

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hahaha, I hadn't said anything before, cause I didn't want to ruin them for others who liked them. But something ain't right about those things..
I'll take a video if the next one burns a flame like that.
It's prob just from the oils.. I've found super oily wrappers love to flame up on the light.. LP Black, Tabernacle, JSK, some Liga, etc...
Just don't light them with your glass torch! LMAO!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It's prob just from the oils.. I've found super oily wrappers love to flame up on the light.. LP Black, Tabernacle, JSK, some Liga, etc...
Just don't light them with your glass torch! LMAO!
Haha, well, it's not just natural oils, the DE products are sauced with some. Kinda tobacco leaf oil mojo, which I'm guessing is a similar case here, just a little odder with these.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Tomarrow is Good Friday, not sure what is good about it?
It's good, despite the awfulness, because it represents the change of when you no longer had to comply with a rigorous and nearly impossible set of laws and regulations in order to get right in a relationship with God.
Agree or disagree, believe or not, that's the crux of why it's "Good" Friday.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, do you travel frequently? Or have you done multiple cigar factory tours in the past?

At first I couldn't imagine passing this up. After thinking about it though, I had a job where I traveled constantly in Europe... Great for awhile, but after the first couple of years I wouldn't cross the street to see another castle or cathedral.

Just wondering if you don't have any interest in cigar factories at all, or if you've just "been there, done that"?

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Haha, well, it's not just natural oils, the DE products are sauced with some. Kinda tobacco leaf oil mojo, which I'm guessing is a similar case here, just a little odder with these.
Yeah, I've seen some rollers just covered in tar or something.. always been curious as to what exactly that is.. I just assumed it was natural oils from the tobacco, like the huge amount given off by perique.. either way, I think I'm ok with it.. no gross mutations.. yet lol

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, do you travel frequently? Or have you done multiple cigar factory tours in the past?

At first I couldn't imagine passing this up. After thinking about it though, I had a job where I traveled constantly in Europe... Great for awhile, but after the first couple of years I wouldn't cross the street to see another castle or cathedral.

Just wondering if you don't have any interest in cigar factories at all, or if you've just "been there, done that"?
We travel twice a year out of the country. Tours are usually boring since they push sales down your throat at the end. If i would ever devote 2-3 hours to a factory tour it would only be in havana.

Status
Not open for further replies.