What's new

Received a letter from Customs today ...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Interestingly, his latest box code list had at least 8 different box codes for them. Faking shipping for all the orders, then pulling the stock from the storefront and pretending to be out of stock until waiting periods had ended and refunds were given seems like WAY more hassle than just saying "Sorry, there was a pricing error" and cancelling those orders.

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I received my order. Pricing mistake and all. It took him about 3 weeks to ship, but I got them in about the same amount of time as my previous order.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Interestingly, his latest box code list had at least 8 different box codes for them. Faking shipping for all the orders, then pulling the stock from the storefront and pretending to be out of stock until waiting periods had ended and refunds were given seems like WAY more hassle than just saying "Sorry, there was a pricing error" and cancelling those orders.
So if he has stock and then told me and others he has no stock and will refund, what does that say?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
No idea. was just spouting conspiracy theory. I think he did send and it just coincided with a large loss of shipments.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
A neighbor got his a couple weeks ago. Also many others got theirs as well.... there's no question he shipped them. However my neighbor got a letter for 3 other boxes. That were during that same 2 week time period. The big difference this time for him was it was out of Miami port..... not NY or Chicago.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
A neighbor got his a couple weeks ago. Also many others got theirs as well.... there's no question he shipped them. However my neighbor got a letter for 3 other boxes. That were during that same 2 week time period. The big difference this time for him was it was out of Miami port..... not NY or Chicago.....

Pretty sure there's a question in my mind that he shipped them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a letter today for the HdM Petit Robustos sale from this vendor. The letter came from the Miami office of CBP. I had doubts about them being shipped, too, but the letter squashed that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got my order and that's over here in Sydney Australia and havnt had a problem with my previous 5 orders either .... just my experience

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys getting boxes and bands shipped? customs is cracking down because a lot of drugs are shipped disguised as cigars. If you are getting boxes and bands I think it will be impossible to get into US right now

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
f you are getting boxes and bands I think it will be impossible to get into US right now
Nah, plenty is getting through. There was a rash of confiscations, but that happens from time to time. Things are flowing pretty smoothly overall right now from what I can see.

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered about 15 different Cubans from a Swiss vendor. Just got the notice from the USPS tracking system that they'd cleared through ISC in New York today. This is my first time ordering vs bringing a few back from our last cruise 2 years ago. I'd swapped out some bands on them for Dominican & Honduran ones. Although it was supposed to be copacetic I had heard horror stories of confiscations at the ports (Galveston is where we went through). Since the easing of the restrictions I had kind of hoped they'd really quit wasting time with mail shipments... Would love to have a PM from someone about the seller that had shipments seized just to have that info. (If that's acceptable...let me know if it's not, I'm new to the forum).

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, are these seizures from an off shore dealer in the "Caribbean" somewhere?? Is this a place you fellas will avoid in future because of the possibility of more seizures? I have heard that there are more seizures in the Florida ISC's because many of the customs employees are of Cuban descent and hold (a well deserved, I might add) grudge against the former homeland. Any thoughts on that?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So, are these seizures from an off shore dealer in the "Caribbean" somewhere?? Is this a place you fellas will avoid in future because of the possibility of more seizures? I have heard that there are more seizures in the Florida ISC's because many of the customs employees are of Cuban descent and hold (a well deserved, I might add) grudge against the former homeland. Any thoughts on that?
No

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I got a letter today for the HdM Petit Robustos sale from this vendor. The letter came from the Miami office of CBP. I had doubts about them being shipped, too, but the letter squashed that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I got a letter also BUT it did not list the HdM PRs but Flor de Cano (which I did not order and it listed it as box of 10 not 2 boxes of 25.) I also received a letter about my monte carlos.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone mind sending me a pm about where you're ordering from that's getting these packages stopped. I have a couple of sources I wanted to buy from and wanted to see if it would be a problem.