What's new

Received a letter from Customs today ...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I get the impression that one specific vendor is having problems? Just placed two orders from two (Swiss) vendors and received each order within a week.
Sorry, I am a newbie here and to cigars in general. How do you identify reputable vendors for CCs that won’t rip you off? I ordered 10 cigars from a vendor in NZ and paid $150+. They were all regular production, non-Cohiba cigars. Thank you so much.
All the best,
Gus

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
"No reason to respond, i just received one from Chicago, they took a box from me but no big deal. NY has taken 1 and now Chicago has taken one. I never lost one through LAX tho, knock on wood!!
@ChuckMejia I was just interested to see if customs follows up with any repercussions (e.g., fines, etc.) following a seizure, or multiple seizures?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
"No reason to respond, i just received one from Chicago, they took a box from me but no big deal. NY has taken 1 and now Chicago has taken one. I never lost one through LAX tho, knock on wood!!
@ChuckMejia I was just interested to see if customs follows up with any repercussions (e.g., fines, etc.) following a seizure, or multiple seizures?
Its my unserstanding that they dont do shit. I guess they dont have the budget/will to enforce repercussions. Shrug

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not the thread you want to stumble across after ordering your first cc. I researched and knew the risk. They've been setting at NY for 2 days now.
Really dont want my first letter this soon

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
it used to take 60 to 90 days for a seizure letter to arrive.
Now they are sending them out sooner,but it is still a pro forma thing.
I have not heard about many letters this year.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You don't always get a letter. Or maybe they get seized by an agent that likes Cuban cigars and the "evidence" gets unreported then lost.