What's new

Received a letter from Customs today ...

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted in another thread and wanted to clarify my curiosity about the situation. I retired from the USPS in 2012 due to an old back injury after 15 year of service. When I was in the whole mess about Cuban cigars was confusing... I was a city carrier and we didn't play a part in seizing or confiscating things. We did have LOTS of classes concerning Customs and what could be shipped or not (ESPECIALLY after the anthrax letters post 9/11, etc). I am not wondering about sources, I'm simply curious about the apparent hard on that Customs has in FL for this apparent block of shipments. I talked to an old friend who is now Postmaster just the other day when I saw this post and he was the one who told me about the Customs/Cuban expat-Cuban background folks. That's why I was wondering if the source was Caribbean and that they got the stink eye for them.
I apologize if it seems like I was fishing...I assure you guys I am not and I would NEVER press for a source to gain some kind of advantage or otherwise. My apologies if it came across that way.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I just posted in another thread and wanted to clarify my curiosity about the situation. I retired from the USPS in 2012 due to an old back injury after 15 year of service. When I was in the whole mess about Cuban cigars was confusing... I was a city carrier and we didn't play a part in seizing or confiscating things. We did have LOTS of classes concerning Customs and what could be shipped or not (ESPECIALLY after the anthrax letters post 9/11, etc). I am not wondering about sources, I'm simply curious about the apparent hard on that Customs has in FL for this apparent block of shipments. I talked to an old friend who is now Postmaster just the other day when I saw this post and he was the one who told me about the Customs/Cuban expat-Cuban background folks. That's why I was wondering if the source was Caribbean and that they got the stink eye for them.
I apologize if it seems like I was fishing...I assure you guys I am not and I would NEVER press for a source to gain some kind of advantage or otherwise. My apologies if it came across that way.
No need to apologize

I don't think I've ever heard of a source in the Caribbean aside from fakes. So many fakes are produced there.

Old Soldier

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to apologize

I don't think I've ever heard of a source in the Caribbean aside from fakes. So many fakes are produced there.
Well, I am not afraid to admit I am VERY GREEN when it comes to anything related to CC's... I have smoked a couple over the years but I honestly never knew if they were legitimate or not. The curiosity was just overwhelming for me and I made a small order of singles from a very reputable dealer in Switzerland. No problems with that order and the cigars have all the marks of legitimacy...from their build, caps and bands--I measured them and everything LMAO. Got a few well known brands to compare with my usual sticks and I reckon I'll see where it goes from there.
I appreciate it man!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well, I am not afraid to admit I am VERY GREEN when it comes to anything related to CC's... I have smoked a couple over the years but I honestly never knew if they were legitimate or not. The curiosity was just overwhelming for me and I made a small order of singles from a very reputable dealer in Switzerland. No problems with that order and the cigars have all the marks of legitimacy...from their build, caps and bands--I measured them and everything LMAO. Got a few well known brands to compare with my usual sticks and I reckon I'll see where it goes from there.
I appreciate it man!
I'll shoot you a message

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So, i just my first letter today from my missing February order. Interesting that it was seized in Miami when every other order I've made came through NY.
I assume I should just ignore the letter completely? There is an option to just forfeit your rights to it, but it seems like no one responds at all to the letters. I already received my replacement shipment a couple months back.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So, i just my first letter today from my missing February order. Interesting that it was seized in Miami when every other order I've made came through NY.
I assume I should just ignore the letter completely? There is an option to just forfeit your rights to it, but it seems like no one responds at all to the letters. I already received my replacement shipment a couple months back.
No reason to respond, i just received one from Chicago, they took a box from me but no big deal.
NY has taken 1 and now Chicago has taken one. I never lost one through LAX tho, knock on wood!!

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Same here, I received two letters, one for each box stating they were seized in Miami. All other shipments have come thru NY or Chicago.

Speaking of shipping and tracking, has anyone else received tracking from this source recently? My last purchase (about a month ago) actually had a tracking number assigned. Curious if that was a one time thing or if he moved back to tracking numbers after all these boxes got snagged.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Same here, I received two letters, one for each box stating they were seized in Miami. All other shipments have come thru NY or Chicago.

Speaking of shipping and tracking, has anyone else received tracking from this source recently? My last purchase (about a month ago) actually had a tracking number assigned. Curious if that was a one time thing or if he moved back to tracking numbers after all these boxes got snagged.
Yep, I had tracking on the last order I had from him.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
What was the seizure date on the letter?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
What was the seizure date on the letter?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So, i have ordered ccs once or twice. Never had a problem. Just curious, what happens if they do find your shipment? Would the government ever actually go after an individual citizen over a box or two of smokes? And if so how many offenses would it take?