What's new

Redneck Rendezvous - Part Deux

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
standby.. harassing PM's being sent to stuiki, zama, viva, russ, and everyone else I can think of in FL now :)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would like to bring some finger food to snack on while waiting on the meat. I was thinking about making some homemade hummus with chipotle peppers and other peppers in it. I also make a really good guacamole too. You guys cool with that? I'd bring a mess of each as it seems we have quite the group.

Preston

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Sounds awesome to me dude...

No rules here at all.... anyone can bring whatever they would like....

Ill make sure we have plenty of protein.. (although more is always welcome if someone has something special they would like prepared).. and Ill probably make some Haitian Pikliz (Pikliz seemed to go over pretty well last year..).. My wife will probably force me to bring something green to throw on the grill too :)

Ill plan on bringing some decent choices from the liquor cabinet for everyone to try.... and assuming Ive got a few growlers left of the Irish Red homebrew I just made, will probably supply a few of those as well.. but.. if you want an excess of booze/beer.. you might want to think about bringing a couple of your favorites along.. I've got enough on hand to probably keep a dozen people liquored up all day.. but I dont know if I have enough available to handle 2 dozen lol...

Anywhere else there appears to be a "gap" (cups, plates, napkins, forks, knives, soft drinks, etc..).. I'll make sure is covered.. but if someone wants to jump in on any of those things.. feel free :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Mdwest
Smoqman
xFreebirdx
Rev.B
javajunkie
Dustinspo
BradMc
ATL
Andysc83
Skull_Smoke
Cigarblunk
Agentskull
Problemsolverjc
wantacigar
Hoshneer
Korean Cowboy
King Kill 33
FullBodySmoker
Chrisso
siakingsport
d-boy
LigaPrivadaFanboy
smokinghole
skul_fire

updated list of attendees....

whose next?!?!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
lots of people a little west of you are headed this way... if you could make it to them.. Im guessing someone will give you a lift the rest of the distance :)

Whose gonna help Tag out?!?! He needs a lift! :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ok.. so I've been giving the "menu" some thought..

We might have a problem with some of the things I wanted to smoke (brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, etc..)... There are grills available at the campground.. but they dont have the ability to close them.. and my smoker is too large to transport...

So what does everyone thing about this...

We'll go easy "grill" meats... burgers.. dogs.. brats.. etc.. and some easy grill veggies... (onions, zucchini, squash, etc..)...

and then add in a low country boil... shrimp, crawfish, crab, etc....

Ive got a propane burner and tank that I can easily transport out there.. and a 3 gallon pot.... and thats the sort of thing we could put on the heat at 1130.. and have everyone eating by noon...

how does a low country boil sound? (in addition to burgers, brats, hot links, and whatever else I can find to throw on the grill)...

or does anyone have other recommendations/suggestions?