What's new

Redneck Rendezvous - Part Deux

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
The Hilton is on the airport property... decent little bar there.. and a couple of retaurants across the highway from the airport (cant really get there by foot.. even though they are a 1/4 mile away.. 6 lanes of 70MPH traffic between the hotel and the "starbucks"..

PM me your flight information.. If I can get clear early enough on Friday Ill swing by and pick you up and we can hit something downtown... or maybe we can link you up with anyone else coming in a day early...

If you have a rental car.. and want to go adventuring.. go left (east) on Alcoa Highway (right in front of your hotel) for about 10 miles... and you will be in downtown knoxville... everything from "college" bars surrounding the University.. to a nice B&M (Old City Cigar) down there...

Or if you really want to be disgusted.. there is an extremely low rent, dive/roach titty bar about half way in between the airport and downtown.. Im talking 30 chicks.. 40 teeth.. and enough facial hair to weave an indian blanket sort of place.. (never been there myself.. but I have heard the horror stories lol.. men leave there looking like they were attacked by werewolves :) )....

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Ok.. so I've been giving the "menu" some thought..

We might have a problem with some of the things I wanted to smoke (brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, etc..)... There are grills available at the campground.. but they dont have the ability to close them.. and my smoker is too large to transport...

So what does everyone thing about this...

We'll go easy "grill" meats... burgers.. dogs.. brats.. etc.. and some easy grill veggies... (onions, zucchini, squash, etc..)...

and then add in a low country boil... shrimp, crawfish, crab, etc....

Ive got a propane burner and tank that I can easily transport out there.. and a 3 gallon pot.... and thats the sort of thing we could put on the heat at 1130.. and have everyone eating by noon...

how does a low country boil sound? (in addition to burgers, brats, hot links, and whatever else I can find to throw on the grill)...

or does anyone have other recommendations/suggestions?
Low Country Boil sounds great Dave...........

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ok.. so I've been giving the "menu" some thought..

We might have a problem with some of the things I wanted to smoke (brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, etc..)... There are grills available at the campground.. but they dont have the ability to close them.. and my smoker is too large to transport...

So what does everyone thing about this...

We'll go easy "grill" meats... burgers.. dogs.. brats.. etc.. and some easy grill veggies... (onions, zucchini, squash, etc..)...

and then add in a low country boil... shrimp, crawfish, crab, etc....

Ive got a propane burner and tank that I can easily transport out there.. and a 3 gallon pot.... and thats the sort of thing we could put on the heat at 1130.. and have everyone eating by noon...

how does a low country boil sound? (in addition to burgers, brats, hot links, and whatever else I can find to throw on the grill)...

or does anyone have other recommendations/suggestions?
Low Country Boil sounds great Dave...........
+1 Low country FTW

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The Hilton is on the airport property... decent little bar there.. and a couple of retaurants across the highway from the airport (cant really get there by foot.. even though they are a 1/4 mile away.. 6 lanes of 70MPH traffic between the hotel and the "starbucks"..

PM me your flight information.. If I can get clear early enough on Friday Ill swing by and pick you up and we can hit something downtown... or maybe we can link you up with anyone else coming in a day early...

If you have a rental car.. and want to go adventuring.. go left (east) on Alcoa Highway (right in front of your hotel) for about 10 miles... and you will be in downtown knoxville... everything from "college" bars surrounding the University.. to a nice B&M (Old City Cigar) down there...

Or if you really want to be disgusted.. there is an extremely low rent, dive/roach titty bar about half way in between the airport and downtown.. Im talking 30 chicks.. 40 teeth.. and enough facial hair to weave an indian blanket sort of place.. (never been there myself.. but I have heard the horror stories lol.. men leave there looking like they were attacked by werewolves :) )....
PM sent. Also, I'm flying out early Sunday morning. If anyone is driving from Knoxville to the herf and back Sat PM/Sunday AM let me know and I'll pay for gas.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Bringing this back to the top in case anyone missed it previously... (hint hint.. chattanooga crew... hint hint....)....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Mdwest
Smoqman
xFreebirdx
Rev.B
javajunkie
Dustinspo
BradMc
ATL
Andysc83
Skull_Smoke
Cigarblunk
Agentskull
Problemsolverjc
wantacigar
Hoshneer
Korean Cowboy
King Kill 33
FullBodySmoker
Chrisso
siakingsport
d-boy
LigaPrivadaFanboy
smokinghole
skul_fire
HillbillyPyro

Awesome.. got you added to the list!

Anyone else?

Or anyone need to be removed (certain they cant make it at this point)?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
trying to figure out if there is any cell service worth the $%*&$* out there.. and if we'll have access to an electrical outlet.... if so.. I'll plan on taking a laptop out there... I can use the iphone for a hotspot.... and we'll plan on opening up a video link in the chat room.. and V-HERF for anyone that wants to "attend" from a distance..