What's new

Sampling The New WLT Cibao Valley SKUs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up Bliss! Order placed.

The comments of the leaf by WLT usually say "aged 4 years" Then they say CV leaf is " fermented for a full year" "extended fermentation process"
I can't help but wonder how this differs from their regular leaf. Is it really fermented longer? I can only hope.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the heads up Bliss! Order placed.

The comments of the leaf by WLT usually say "aged 4 years" Then they say CV leaf is " fermented for a full year" "extended fermentation process"
I can't help but wonder how this differs from their regular leaf. Is it really fermented longer? I can only hope.
I think it really did something here. The flavors are really good. This stuff tastes more like real pro leaf to me. There is none of that, "Hm, this is obviously under-fermented and that's why he got his hands on it: the farmers were hot to clear out their sheds" thing that I've gotten so often.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I think it really did something here. The flavors are really good. This stuff tastes more like real pro leaf to me. There is none of that, "Hm, this is obviously under-fermented and that's why he got his hands on it: the farmers were hot to clear out their sheds" thing that I've gotten so often.
He tells me his connection will have a regular supply as well. Let's hope that's not just smoke up our asses.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He tells me his connection will have a regular supply as well. Let's hope that's not just smoke up our asses.
I'm more worried about, am I gonna get a bunch of bags of scraps now? Sure those little 4-leaf sample bags had relatively whole leaves in'em; but my previous three lbs from that place were basically scraps and short filler, which for me is not ideal because I prefer to roll long filler, entubado. We'll see what happen'. This picture is a pound pulled right out of the bag. So, you know I liked these samples if I was willing to plump down for 6 lbs sight-unseen.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ^^^^ is what worries me. My last few shipments were not packaged with a loving hand.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Though the web description says... "This is a very limited offering of only 70lbs". Like it's a one time offer.
Don has more than a couple varieties and obviously he's got more than 70 pounds.

Cibao Valley Corojo Viso
Be the first to write a review
Price:$22.99
* Marked fields are required.
Availability: In-Stock
# Available: 92

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW... the CVA seco went from 16lbs. last night down to only 9lbs. left this morning.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Bliss effect". He now controls the cigar tobacco market. Just like Duke and Duke control the orange juice futures!

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm more worried about, am I gonna get a bunch of bags of scraps now? Sure those little 4-leaf sample bags had relatively whole leaves in'em; but my previous three lbs from that place were basically scraps and short filler, which for me is not ideal because I prefer to roll long filler, entubado. We'll see what happen'. These pictures are pounds pulled right out of the bag. So, you know I liked these samples if I was willing to plump down for 6 lbs sight-unseen.

That's crap.

LO says:
Wrapper quality tobacco should be near perfect, with very few visual damages and defects. More than 10% of damaged leaf is rare for this type of leaf.
Any tobacco that is NOT considered wrapper quality can be expected to have at least between 20-30% damaged or unusable tobacco by weight
depending on your application. This can be due to holes, discolorations, or because of stem content of the leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The choice might come down to... do you want a perfect product that tastes like crap or a crappy product that tastes good? If that tobacco tastes that much better then I'd sweep those scrappy pieces off the sidewalk and roll it up and smoke it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did she catch up with one of those infamous Kalifornia Black Widows?
We don't know. I don't think so, because there wasn't insane pain. Thought she had brown recluse symptoms, but apparently they don't have those out here. She's in bed, on various meds.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We don't know. I don't think so, because there wasn't insane pain. Thought she had brown recluse symptoms, but apparently they don't have those out here. She's in bed, on various meds.
Sorry this happened to her.
How bad of a reaction did she have?
clearly it was bad enough you took her to the ER. What was she doing when she got bit?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The God leaf was the CV Criollo Ligero. I mean this was so good that I got shivers and wanted to weep. This was the "Maria" (Holy Mother of God) leaf of these. It was... divine.
Bliss, I am so tempted by your eval that I gotta score me a pound of that CV Criollo Ligero. Here's the only thing, is, as you know, I am def no lover of ligero. I am strictly a seco sicko. Don't ask me why cause I don't know why. Same way as I appear to be the only critter on the planet doesn't like mac and cheese, either. Other'n CVCL, I already have everything else on hand... FX CT wrap, olor binder, hab seco ... only missing the CV Criollo 98 Ligero. So. What happens if that ligero turns out just like every other ligero I have tried? If that happens, I swear to God Bliss I am going to shoot it at your mailbox. I were you, I'd drop by the Home Despot on your way back from MedExpress and pick up a sack of Quikrete & pour it round the foundation of your mailbox, cause a pound poke of Cibao Valley Criollo Ligero is apt to come whizzing in fast as bad news.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bliss, I am so tempted by your eval that I gotta score me a pound of that CV Criollo Ligero. Here's the only thing, is, as you know, I am def no lover of ligero. I am strictly a seco sicko. Don't ask me why cause I don't know why. Same way as I appear to be the only critter on the planet doesn't like mac and cheese, either. Other'n CVCL, I already have everything else on hand... FX CT wrap, olor binder, hab seco ... only missing the CV Criollo 98 Ligero. So. What happens if that ligero turns out just like every other ligero I have tried? If that happens, I swear to God Bliss I am going to shoot it at your mailbox. I were you, I'd drop by the Home Despot on your way back from MedExpress and pick up a sack of Quikrete & pour it round the foundation of your mailbox, cause a pound poke of Cibao Valley Criollo Ligero is apt to come whizzing in fast as bad news.
I don't have to buy that krete. This stuff is soft, mellow, and really flavorful. It's not at all that "ligero es para fortaleza" jive. It's "para el sabor." There is no other ligero available to us exactly like this. The closest might be the LO PC ligero. Try the blend I did: LO Olor seco binder, 1 leaf CV Habano seco, and 2 leaves this Criollo ligero, wrapped in FX CT. You will be amazed and I bet re-evalute your opinion on ligero, just as I had to.