What's new

San Diegan in New York

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure there are a thousand places in Manhattan where one can grab a drink and a cigar and just hang out.. Where do ya guys have in mind?

I actually work in Queens, but I imagine there are more choices in Manhattan...?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
NYLaw said:
I'm sure there are a thousand places in Manhattan where one can grab a drink and a cigar and just hang out.. Where do ya guys have in mind?

I actually work in Queens, but I imagine there are more choices in Manhattan...?
Actually, there aren't as many as you might think with the smoking ban. :angryteet :angryteet

Geoffrie, Florios? Or meet up at that cigar bar in Queens on Queens Blvd.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
NYLaw said:
I'm sure there are a thousand places in Manhattan where one can grab a drink and a cigar and just hang out
What rock did you crawl out from?
There are seven.

NYLaw said:
Let me get this straight.
You live in Jersey.
You work in Queens.
Your profile has a location of NY, NY
You must be a lawyer ... and geographically challenged?

Kevin ... the place in Queens is Havana Dreams? Where RobFest was held? Heard of it - never been there. Willing to try it.

Was thinking next Thursday or Friday. Florios or HBB. About 6:30-7.

Want to hear from Poni and Tom... works for y'all.

Always willing to go to Azucar in JC or Titilation in Bloomfield (Friday only).

Seekign opinions and will then make an executive decision.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geoff, LOL- not geographically challenged, just diverse...

-Born & raised in San Diego.
-Schooled in Manhattan & lived there until relatively recently.
-Live in Jersey now (wife, kids, the whole deal)
-Work in Queens (which qualifies as part of "NY, NY", believe it or not)... Which brings me to next week...

Regarding my knowledge of cigar bars in NYC, like I said... I just got back into it, and I haven't really "been" a cigar smoker since living on the east coast, so, to answer your question, I crawled out from under THAT rock!

Thursday, August 3 looks good for me as of now, and I just looked up Havana Dreams (their website, www.havanadreamssmokelounge.com, is down, but Google has it cached)... It's in Rego Park which is fairly close to my office, so that would work really well for me, if you guys want to try it!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Yes, Havana Dreams is the place. It's small, but nice. I've got plans for Friday night, and probably can't get out of the house 2 nights in a row, so I'm out for this one. Have fun guys.

Kevin

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
NYLaw said:
-Work in Queens (which qualifies as part of "NY, NY", believe it or not)... Which brings me to next week...

Spoken like someone from an outer boro ....

Let's hear back from Poni and Tom - if they can make it into the city (that means manhattan for you outer boro folks) then I suggest florio's or hbb or maybe 40/40.

We'll see if we get critical mass. Else you and I will flip a coin - the city or queens. Havanadreams is an easy subway ride for me. But the places I know in the city are cooler.

stay tuned....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I think next Thurs can work. I have to travel from Princeton to New Brunswick, about 35 min. Then catch a train to NYC, about an hour. That would put me in the city around 645. Then a subway/walk where ever.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I might also be able to do this. I've heard so much about Florio's over the years and have yet to hit it. I'd be up for that. HBB is also okay with me. Let me see what I can work out with my schedule and what y'all decide on day, time and place.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geoff,

As a former Manhattan-ite I see what you're saying about the whole "outerboros-think-they're-part-of-the-City-
but-there's-really-no-comparison-in-terms-of-culture-or-action-or-fun" thing...

Having never been to a "cigar meet" (or does this qualify as a herf?) do we bring our own? Buy them there? Do we trade? There's a coupon on the Havana Dreams website for a free "house blend" cigar, for whatever that's worth...

Give me some idea of what we're doin'.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This might not be official herf status ... will check the by laws ;-)

You do not need to bring a cigar - I've got you covered.

Everyone else is on their own.

I think this will fall into the category of a couple of guys meeting up to smoke cigars and have a drink... and mayb eeat if it's florios.

And as an ex-manhattanite you know I required by zoning laws to make make fun of the outer boros any chance I'm given. Twice as much if it's Staten Island. And living downtown I have a variance that allows me to make fun of the UES as well.... but then again who doesn't?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
:rofl: @ Geoff

I'm sure there will be a good amount of cigars on hand.

So we are looking at Thursday August 3 around 7. Where to?

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tubaman said:
Geoffrie will take good care of you!!!:pitchfork
Uh, should I be concerned???

I don't know any of you guys, so it's kind to offer a cigar & to "take care of me," but... Is there an inside joke that I'm missing?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
NYLaw said:
Uh, should I be concerned???

I don't know any of you guys, so it's kind to offer a cigar & to "take care of me," but... Is there an inside joke that I'm missing?
No, geoffrie is good guy. He'll hook you up with some good smokes, that's all.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
With Geoffrie, I might be concerned but you'll get a nice cigar out of the deal :thumbsup: