What's new

San Diegan in New York

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Friday would be great for me so I could check out the Blind Tiger Ale house but Wed is do-able too.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday is definately not possible for me... I know this thing took on a life of its own, so I understand if you have it on Friday and I can't be there, but obviously I'd like to meet all of you and have an excuse for a weekday smoke (which is pretty rare these days)... So for me that leaves Wednesday, August 9...

(The only drawback for me on Wednesday night is that I can't really stay out too late because of an early morning appointment on Thursday... I know, I know- I really don't mean to be such a pussy, but it's just a rough week... I can DEFINATELY be there Wednesday evening, and I look forward to meeting and chilling. I'm just not sure how long I can stay...)

Or, we could once again push it to the following (much less busy, for me) week, of August 14-18!!! but again, no Friday Aug 18 for me.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok, let's make this simple and lock this down ... it's not the last time we're gonna get together?

Ben - if you meet me at Hudson Bar & Books on Wednesday the 9th 6 PM - I got a cigar for you and your first drink.

All other welcome to attend. At which point we can discuss subsequent meetings.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm in on Wednesday, should be there around 6:30.

Just started a new gig on Park & 26th.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Geoff... I agree it's time we stop dicking around, "as we like to say." (Dane Cook, anyone?)

Wednesday at 6. Where is this place, on Hudson and Horatio? I'll be there as close to 6 as possible. I suppose I can take the Midtown Tunnel and head downtown...

It'll be kewl to meet these people.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
NYLaw said:
Yes, Geoff... I agree it's time we stop dicking around, "as we like to say." (Dane Cook, anyone?)

Wednesday at 6. Where is this place, on Hudson and Horatio? I'll be there as close to 6 as possible. I suppose I can take the Midtown Tunnel and head downtown...

It'll be kewl to meet these people.
I'm a pedestrian so cannot offer much help Queens => Manhattan.
Midtown Tunnel
or Maybe the Triborough?
Else 59th Street Bridge.

It's a couple of blocks below 9th Ave and 14th. Path train 7 blocks away on Christopher.

mapquest link

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Man am so envious, Geoff, Kev, Steve, Erich and Caudio. Sometimes you city guys(and those that live in its proximity) get all the fun.

Looks like you will be "properly" welcomed by the NY Crew.
NYLAW, you will be in the best company ever. One advice, if I may.
Bring a Travel humidor. Bring some smokes with you but leave space.
Lots of space
...and I hope you drink Port.

Again Welcome to BOTL!

THREADJACK:
Geoff, Thanks for the sohotel link. Will be in the city (yes in the Florios area) on Monday Aug 14. Staying overnight with the family at the (you guessed it) Sohotel. Wanna meet up? Lets PM or start a thread.

END OF THREADJACK

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crossbow, thanks for the welcome (and for the advice, although I can't say that it won't feel a bit strange to accept "Candy from Strangers"). I guess getting to know each other and developing that brotherly/comraderie is the whole gig. I'm all in.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
NYLaw said:
Crossbow, thanks for the welcome (and for the advice, although I can't say that it won't feel a bit strange to accept "Candy from Strangers"). I guess getting to know each other and developing that brotherly/comraderie is the whole gig. I'm all in.
The first herf I went to, I wound up bringing home literally 4 times the cigars that I took along with me. It's all about the brotherhood.