What's new

San Diego 7/31 Churchills in Old Town @ 7:30pm

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I would like to make a venue change. After talking with chuck in the chat tonight I would rather have this meet up at churchills in old Town. I will be there next Friday around 7:30. Hope this still works for everyone that was planning to come sand I look forward to meeting you all
I looked up Churchill's. Looks like an amazing stick selection. As a heads up, it looks like they do charge a $5 cutting fee for bringing in your own cigars. I have not been there, but if they are like the Zarka's in Temecula, they could charge that $5 for any stick you bring in regardless of if you smoke it or not. This would definitely reduce the risk of hand grenades. This could be a good thing, like a DMZ for Hand to Hand combat.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Churchills in old town is snug... but I'm in, regardless.

And they can be sticklers over the cutting fees. I've seen of happen.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
It is a little tight, I didn't expect so many people to be interested. I didn't actually know about the cutting fee, I've only been there once.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Heck, lemme check with the wife... I don't have a cutting fee at Casa de Sean, but it's a byo scenario.
And here I thought I would be lucky and get away unscathed. Oh well, @sean has been kind enough to offer up his patio as the battlefield. I don't have a headcount so if you plan to go just send him a PM for the address.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok, lets try this one more time. It seems some of the guys travelling from out of town are staying near downtown so I think it might be a little easier to meet at churchills (even if that means all these "bombings" will have to happen in a parking lot). I really appreciate the hospitality from @sean and I hate changing plans again but for convenience sake I think Churchills will make more sense. If this screws some people over I am sorry. I'm sure the next time I make the trip across the country we can try to work something else out but I am trying to pack a lot into one weekend. I hope you all understand and I hope some of you can still make it out.

Also I believe I deserve the title of worst organizer ever...

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I am staying at the holiday inn express which is down the road two miles. If any other out of towers. Are looking for lodging. They are affordable and have a cigar and spirits friendly patio. See you Friday.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
***Threadjack*** For the guys that may arrive at Churchill's early, take a short 6 minute walk to Racine and Laramie (they close at 8pm). They had a lot of hard to find stuff last time I was there and hidden gems with some age on them...they have pipe tobacco for those interested as well...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
***Threadjack*** For the guys that may arrive at Churchill's early, take a short 6 minute walk to Racine and Laramie (they close at 8pm). They had a lot of hard to find stuff last time I was there and hidden gems with some age on them...they have pipe tobacco for those interested as well...
Oldest cigar store in San Diego...