What's new

San Diego 7/31 Churchills in Old Town @ 7:30pm

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Garrett missed the part where Jeff and I both said we had room... I worry about that college boy's reading comprehension.
No didn't miss that, just a personal thing that I need to get over. I don't like getting in the way. I know you guys offered but I have a tiny bit of an independent complex going on =P
Not a hippie haha, Sean can attest to that. I'm just a pain in the ass.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
No didn't miss that, just a personal thing that I need to get over. I don't like getting in the way. I know you guys offered but I have a tiny bit of an independent complex going on =P
Not a hippie haha, Sean can attest to that. I'm just a pain in the ass.
I was kidding with the hippie comment, I've got a hammock too

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yay! Kids woke me up early... great time last night! Can't wait to do it again! High-fives all around!

(And for the record, I made it home in 10 minutes).

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Chelsea and I had an awesome time last night. We will definitely be doing this again!! Also screw the "pics or it didn't happen", just show up next time lol

I want to say thank you to @sean for these very fine sticks

Jason it was great meeting you @oside

And Doug, thank you for keeping everyone entertained with your old man antics...also thank you for this

Can't wait to use this stuff!!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Recap of last nights meetup. Brian and I arrived a little early and started the night by ordering a cold beer and breaking out two sticks that were gifted by @acc05R1 for us to enjoy for his bday. After a little time passed. @sean came in. We recognized him right away by the BOTL logo on his shirt. Right away his kicked me in the nuts with a 5er of very nice sticks. (That was uncalled for Sean. But thank you for the gracious welcome to your town. Coming in fashionabley late was @Iholmes and his lovely fiancé. (you know it's true Ian ... Pop the question already). As we were all getting to know each other. @oside shows up with SharksDad (yeah that's hie Sean introduced him.) I think I remember his name. But will let Sean add that detail on the chance I am wrong. We also pulled a few other people from nearby tables in the conversation to show Ian how to talk to strangers. I think he was a fast learner. As the night progressed, every time I turned my back to someone. I kept getting sucker punched. Ian gave me a stick that he roled himself. Jason slapped me with a stick that looked very tasty and someone gave me a tat after I got a nice buzz. So I have no clue who gave it to me. image.jpg

After a few cigars. And a few more beers. The nice people at Churchills asked us to leave. I'm not sure if it was because of my loud and vulgar voice, or because Ian kept eyeballing the old creepy guy across the room or perhaps it was because they were closing for the night. After that. Sean takes us to a local bar where the friends and family discount was insane. I think they were paying US to drink. Again our behavior was such that they rang this loud bell and told us it was "get the fuck out O'Clock!!"

We ended the night in a local drive thru getting burritos. Although this rude guy in the car behind me kept honking his horn and throwing me the bird. I thought people from San Deigo were nice.... Not at 230 in the morning in the drive thru their not. So I did the only think I could think of at the time. I grabbed a burrito, thru a fuzz in it, lit it, and threw it into the guys window.

Over all it was a great first Herf for this old man. Everyone made us feel welcome. Thank you Ion for putting this together and thank you Sean for opening up the doors to your town. We need to do this again.

On a side note. I saw the weirdest thing on my phone this morning. Chelsea ,Ian's Fiancé, wanted to be sure that the good folks at the BOTL had her address. She said. (And I quote)," I like random things mailed to me". Poor Ian almost knocked two guys down trying to grab my phone away from her as she typed the address into the phone. Alas he was too late. The damage was done. I'll put some thought into a fitting thank you for the hospitality she gave us. This will require some thought......

If anyone else needs it, here it is. Ian did confirm its authentisity.

3063 Juniper Street
San Diego
‎ CA ‎ 92104
United States

Last edited:

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Sharks dad's name was Howard, I gave you the Tatuaje and the unbranded is from a batch of cigars I had made for me... Not rolled by me.
Chelsea was the one honking the horn behind you in line, I was just trying to get some food.

(You will have something coming to you soon to help with all the spelling mistakes)

I just read your post to her and she only took two things away from it. "It's funny how he calls me your fiancé" and "I love getting presents!!"